Chapter 1 - Unfortunate Beginings

Westeros | Crownlands | Kingslanding | Red Keep | Throne Room

In the year 233, after Aegons Conquest House Targaryen stood fragile. On the brink of extinction with no immediate Heir to the Throne, a great council was called to action. Their were four contenders for Heir to the Throne.

Princess Vaella Targaryen, a girl with sandy brown hair and purple eyes, the daughter of Prince Daeron the Drunken, the eldest son of King Maekar I and his wife Dyanna Dayne. Though she was quickly dismissed for being a woman and too simple-minded.

Prince Maegor Targaryen, a boy barely reaching his first name day, with Silver hair with the exception of one black lock inherited from his mother. The only living son to Prince Aerion and Princess Daenora Targaryen.

Maester Aemon formerly Prince Targaryen whom refused to be dismissed from his vows of chastity and instead refused the crown in favor of his younger brother Egg.

Hence, Prince Aegon, the youngest son of King Maekar and husband to Lady Betha Blackwood, was crowned King of the Seven Kingdoms.

Only two claims were ever truly considered, Princess Vaella for she was a woman and not wanting the same outcome as the Princess Rhaenyra, Prince Maegor in fear of inheriting his father's madness and his namesake. That left the Maester Aemon and Prince Aegon.

Most rallied in favor of the maester, for Prince Aegon was refered to as "half peasant" for he grew up among the small folk and advocated for them.

After his corronation, many were unhappy, being the fourth son, of a fourth son, his moniker grew and he became King Aegon V 'The Unlikely'.

___________

Vale of Arryn | The Eyrie | Prince Maegor's Chambers

After the succession crisis came to a close. Feeling defeated and having enough of the court life, whilst being fueled by the death of her husband. Princess Daenora Targaryen, with her son Maegor in tow, left the Red Keep in favor of her relatives, the Arryns of the Vale.

Her mother was an Arryn who married the Prince Rhaegal Targaryen, the once previous heir to the Iron Throne. They would treat her kindly and welcome her with open arms. Her mother especially.

Within a fortnight of her husbands death, Daenora took each of their belongings. Including, a silver and gold dragon egg with red lines almost fire like, from Aerion's childhood. For all the torment her husband had brought onto her, as compensation she would take all his valuables. For her and her son.

---

Alys Arryn, was a woman of forty and two namedays, with vibrant blonde hair and fading blue eyes, she was in her prime, but she was not happy. Her husband had died fairly early into their marriage leaving her with three children. She cherished them with her entire being and did her best to ensure none of them felt left out.

Her son and daughter, would be King and Queen one day, she could live with that. But no. The Gods were Cruel and know no mercy. Her son, Aelor, was stripped of this world and in some cruel twist of fate her daughter, her son's twin and wife, felt that better than living in a world without her love, comitted suicide.

Still, her sweet girl, a carbon copy of her father, her sweet Daenora still stood by her. She clutched the girl of ten and six namedays close to her existence, determined to not part with anymore of her children. Hadn't she suffered enough? A hole made of grief formed within her heart long ago. Her daughter was the only thing that gave her the courage to keep on living.