Bonus chapter: First time at Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

This morning at 11am the train to Hogwarts would be leaving. We had just arrived at King's Cross Station. The train station was no strange place to us, but the platform we needed to go to, was a number we had never heard of, 9 3/4. That's not a normal number for a platform, so we needed to take some time to find it. We thought it should be somewhere between platform 9 and 10, but after walking the complete platforms, we still couldn't find platform 9 3/4. We were all at a loss for what to do, when a big family, all with ginger hair, came walking past us. I heard one of them say they needed to go to platform 9 3/4, before the train left at 11 am. 'Dad, that lady. She was talking about platform 9 3/4 and the train of 11am. Maybe we should follow her.' I told my dad, when I had noticed neither him, my mother or Hermione had heard the strange lady. 'Yes, that's a good idea.' My father responded. We followed the big family, including the lady, and saw they stopped at one of the pillars just past the middle of platform 9 and 10. 'Okay, everyone grab your stuff and get ready. Percy, you go first. Then Fred and George. Ron you next and I'll go last with Ginny.' The lady said to the group of kids surrounding her. The oldest kid of the group grabbed his stuff and ran straight towards the pillar. I heard my mom trying to warn him about running into the pillar, but before she could, the boy had dissappeared into the wall. 'What just happened?' I heard Hermione ask. 'I have no idea, sis.' I said back, baffled. I walked over to the girl that was standing there. She was the youngest of the group, but only maybe a year younger than I am. 'Excuse me, where did that boy go to? Is he going to platform 9 3/4?' I asked her. The girl turned around to look at me. 'Hi! Yes, he did go to platform 9 3/4. Do you need to go there too?' She responded ethusiastically. 'Yes, we do. Can you teach my family and me how to do it?' 'Ofcourse.' The girl just wanted to tell me how to get on the platform, but we were interrupted by the lady. 'Ginny, dear. We need to go. Your brothers are already on the platform. Who is this?' The lady had walked up to me and my family had walked towards us as well. 'Hi, my name is Y/N.' I answered. 'I saw those boys go through the wall and I heard you talking about platform 9 3/4 and I was wondering if you knew how to get there?' I added. 'Hello Y/N, nice to meet you. My name is Molly Weasley and this is Ginny. The boys you just saw were my sons. And ofcourse we can show you how to get there.' Molly was a very sweet lady and brought a immense calm with her. 'Nice to meet you too, Mrs Weasley. These are my parents and this is my twinsister Hermione.' 'What a lovely family. Two of my sons, Fred and George, are also twins. I think you will get along quite well. But, first, let's get onto the platform. What you need to do is just run straight to the wall and before you know it, you're on the platform. Don't be scared, but do keep running.' 'Okay, will do, Mrs. Weasley.' I looked over at Hermione and nodded at her, before I ran out towards the wall. Within a couple seconds, I exited the wall on platform 9 3/4. I stepped to the side, so I wouldn't be in the way, while observing everything around me. There were a lot of people around me trying to get onto this long steam train with the name Hogwarts Express on the front. While I was looking around, Hermione and my parents came through the wall. 'This is amazing.' I said to Hermione. 'It really is. How did we not know this existed?' Hermione asked rethorically. We both knew how we didn't know this, but we were just baffled by everything that has happened the last couple of days. 

Next thing we knew, it was time to say goodbye to our parents. We would be going to Hogwarts for the next few months and probably wouldn't see them again until Christmas. Hermione and I both gave our parents a big hug and we made our way onto the train. 'Are you ready?' Hermione asked me. 'No, you?' 'Me neither. But, we can do this.' Hermione said. 'Yes, we can.' We walked through the different compartments of the train, trying to find a place to sit, when we saw the boys that were with Mrs Weasley earlier. We knocked on the door of their compartment and opened it. 'Hi, you're Mrs Weasley's children right? We met her on the platform and we were wondering if we could maybe sit with you guys.' I asked the guys. 'Yes, that's right. And ofcourse you can. Sit down. I'm Fred.' Fred said. 'And I'm George. And these are our brothers Percy and Ron.' George added. 'It's nice to meet you all. Fred and George, you are the twins your mother was talking about. Sorry, umm, my name is Y/N by the way. And this is my twinsister Hermione.' 'Hi, everyone.' Hermione added. Hermione and I sat down and both started our own conversations getting to know all the Weasley's. Hermione started talking to Ron, the youngest of the bunch and the same age as us. I, on the other hand, started talking to Fred and George. They were about two years older than Hermione and me and had an amazing bond with eachother. They were a lot of fun and joked with eachother during the whole trainride. Next to that, they told me all about Hogwarts and the Sorting Ceremony. Apparently, all the first-years get sorted into one of the four houses; Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. All the Weasley's had been sorted into Gryffindor uptill now and I'm curious to find out in what house Hermione and I will be sorted. Fred and George kept on talking all the way through the trainride and I had an amazing time listening to them.