01. The Meeting Game

THE MEETING GAME

2013

"And that's a wrap!" The director - Karri Wilson, the biggest female director in all of the USA - yells, cutting the final scene off. "Fantastic work, everyone! I'll see you tonight at the party! Some big celebrities are going to be there, so don't miss out!" She waves once more before walking off to get ready to leave.

I accept the many compliments and congratulations I receive from my fellow crew members. The movie we just finished filming is sort of a spin-off from 'The Vow', but the writers were amazing enough to make it different. They also made it so that the main female character did end up remembering everything.

After retrieving a few turkish delight treats and some chicken and rice from the food table, I take my plate of food back to my trailer and put it on the bench of my kitchenette. As I take small bites of the turkish delight and large spoonfuls of the chicken and rice, I search through my small closet. Inside the closet is all the outfits I wore to film this movie, but my stylist - who is a good friend of mine and whom I work with in a lot of my movies - always allows me to keep one outfit from a movie.

This time, I decide on keeping a strapless dress that has a sparkly gold bust and then flows out in a light peach colour. I grab a pair of sparkly gold pumps to match and set them on the red leather couch in the corner.

This was the outfit I wore in a scene where the main female character, Delilah, remembered her first dance with the main male character, Danny. It was probably my favourite scene to shoot.

I strip out of my sundress and take off my sandals. My makeup is removed with makeup wipes and my hair is taken out of it's messy bun in order for me to get ready for the party tonight.

After every movie that Karri films, they have a party to celebrate the completion of the movie. A lot of different celebrities come to the party, even if they aren't in the movie, because you simply must show up to a Karri Wilson party.

"Knock, knock, knock." I hear Karri's voice sound from the door. She never really knocks, but says it instead.

"Come in!" I call as I sit at my dressing table. Seconds later, Karri is in the reflection of the mirror, standing right behind me.

"Great job with this movie." She tells me.

I smile thankfully at her. "Thanks."

"Do you want me to get Donna and Stacey to come do your hair and makeup for the party?"

I shake my head. "No, thanks. I can manage for tonight."

"Well, ok. Oh, and I am going to be filming another movie in about three months. If you want the role of the female character, you'll have to audition for the casting director." Karri explains. "His name is Arnold Pecton. More details will be sent to your agent, if you're interested."

"Definitely. I would love to know more. Send my agent the details and I'll get back to you." I smile genuinely at her before she disappears.

I plug in my electric curling iron and wait for it to heat up. Meanwhile, I apply a thin layer of foundation to my face and blend it into my neck slightly. I then take my contacts out and put new brown ones in, allowing me to see my natural blue eyes for a few moments. Mascara is added to my eyelashes with gold eyeliner and a nude colour lipgloss is smudged onto my lips. I finish my makeup with some contouring and blush.

Before I even have the chance to begin curling my hair, my phone is buzzing on the kitchenette bench. I rush over and pick it up to find a new text from my best friend, Tamara. When I moved to Los Angeles from London, I brought her with me because I couldn't leave my best friend behind. We now live together in a two-storey house with an inground pool and sauna.