21. Leave it all behind

Start from the beginning

"We need to get him out of here!" She yells out looking around "Arthur!"

I shake my head "no Mrs Weasley. Let me do this first, if you move him now he will bleed out and die."

Mrs Weasley shakes her head "no we need Poppy! Only she will know what to do with this? Get him to the infirmary so she can do this!"

I clench my teeth "Mrs Weasley I know what I am doing. I know how to save him for now, yes Madam Pomfrey will save him after but as of right now the spells I am doing are saving his life. If you move him or make me stop he will die." I look up at her my face impartial "do you understand?"

Fleur nods "she is right." She turns to me tears running down her cheeks "keep doing what you are doing girl."

I look back down at Bill's face running through possible spells "I can draw out the plasma that passes on the lycanthropy curse but I think it's risky and not necessary."

"He can't become a bloody werewolf! Do it!" Mrs Weasley glares at me her face red "of course you need to do it!"

I shake my head "no I don't. Lupin scratched me when he was fully turned and this was on my spine and the scratches were much deeper. I don't believe the curse can be passed through scratches only through directly biting into the body."

"You were scratched by a werewolf?" Bills eyes flutter open as he looks up at me "and you're okay?"

"Other than some scarring yes." I seal up the last of his wounds "I studied up on Lycanthropy after. You may have mild symptoms but from a scratch like this you will not become a werewolf. Madam Pomfrey can help with the scarring, I recently made her up some batches of dittany for it, just remind her she has it." I slide backwards and look at Bill "rest now and when it is safe to do so your mum and Fleur will take you to the infirmary."

I stand up "I need to go." I wipe my bloody hands on my top and step backwards against the wall.

"Thank you" Fleur looks up at me "you saved his life. I owe you."

I shake my head "trust me I'm just cancelling out some earlier actions." I walk away quickly my eyes fixed on the staircase down to the grounds.

"Angelica!" Snape yells at me from the end of the corridor his wand raised "come on!"

I shake my head and gesture to the battle behind me "we can't go, not without Draco!" I yell back loudly over the commotion hoping he can hear me.

Even from here I can see Snape rolling his eyes at me before he points to something over my shoulder.

"I'm here" Draco appears at my side his temple bleeding heavily down his face "I was knocked out from hitting the wall but I'm fine. Let's go."

I turn back to Snape who nods at me before gesturing for us to hurry up.

Draco grabs my hand tightly and pulls me along the side of the corridor blocking stray spells easily. I follow behind him allowing him to drag me, my eyes catch a pair of wide brown ones and I stop in my tracks.

Hermione's hair is wild and curly as she spins and casts spells skilfully. She meets my eyes and freezes for several seconds offering me a small smile, as she does a movement catches the corner of my eye.

One of the lower death eaters whose name I haven't even bothered to learn yet pulls his wand high into the air swiping in a downwards motion harshly towards Hermione.

"No!" I release Draco's hand running forward my eyes fixated on the death eater's wand. I reach Hermione grazing my fingers against her top and pulling her behind me desperately as I draw my wand up creating a strong shield just in time. The blood red light smashes against my shield causing me to stumble back several feet.