Sunset Myth

Long ago, when the earth was new, the sun and the moon rose and set together.  The moon is a woman, as delicate as a rose in bloom. She was an innocent soul and so it showed, she emitted a silvery glow, just enough to light the sky up and cast an eerily beautiful glow over the lands. The sun however, was a man, strong and brave. He shone a brilliant gold, lighting up the world like a lamp lighting a dark room. The sky was a man, neither strong nor weak, neither beautiful nor ugly. He was forever changing.  

The moon and the sun were in love and so each day they walked across the world, hand in hand, lighting up the world as they walked.

Sky grew jealous of Sun, he wanted Moon to love him. So one night as Sun slept, Sky Kidnapped Moon and brought her to the other side of the world. 

When Sun woke he was furious. He followed a trail of light that Moon had left behind and it led him right  to Sky. 

Sky was the larger of the two, and he stood his ground, standing between Sun and Moon. Sun pushed against Sky with all his might, but he only succeeded in pushing Sky, and moon with him, backwards.

Sun never gave up, he kept pushing and pushing. Hours turned into days, days into months, months into years and to this day Sun is still pushing against Sky, trying to get to Moon and every time Sun spots Moon over Sky’s shoulder, Moon sends Beautiful sparks of colour over Sky’s shoulder, surrounding Sun, to show Sun that no matter the distance between them, she still loves him.