Ms. Buckleberry comes out, attempting to hold the large box and walk with her cane simultaneously. I quickly swoop in and grab the box from her, earning a thankful nod. She doesn't tell me thank you, but I assume that means she was born and raised here. Manners are hard to come by.

"You're making me look like shit," I say as Margo passes over her card to pay. "How am I supposed to top this? I can't buy Sienna anything she can't buy herself. It's frustrating as hell."

She rolls her eyes. "It's not about being over-the-top. It's the thought that counts. Take something Sienna enjoys and do something with that. That's it. Just a little effort. You men make things so much harder than they need to be."

I carry the box for Margo as she mutters her goodbyes to Ms. Buckleberry, and we once again head out into the busy streets. Snow has started to fall, tiny flurries blurring my vision.

"Just don't fuck it up," she adds, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her puffer coat. "I don't know if you truly comprehend the woman you have on your arm, but she's way out of your league. Like, lightyears out of it. Neptune, the furthest planet from Earth—"

"I get it," I snap. "I will put in thought and effort, but I'm not sure it will top your present for Riley. She's going to love it, Margo. Who knew she'd be the woman to melt your ice-cold heart?"

The Santa Claus we passed by earlier shakes his bell in Margo's face, but she clamps down on it to shut it up, pushing it roughly back against his chest. "Give it up," she sneers. "I saw you pocket the twenty-dollar bill those teenagers gave you on our way here, so take that bell and shove it up your ass."

She pushes her way through the thick crowds of people, and it's an effort to keep up with her. "Okay..." I mutter to myself, sighing heavily. "Maybe she hasn't melted it fully."

***

I'm pleased to find Sienna working out in the gym when I return home. Over the past week, we've gone over stances and punches, and while we haven't practiced them on punching bags, she's attempting to do so without any knowledge. She still doesn't know not to lean all her weight on her front foot, so the bag doesn't move. It barely budges when she wails on it with her fist. I bite back a laugh, leaning against the door frame with one shoulder. She still can't see me yet, her back towards me, but I'm enjoying the recoil her ass gives me with every punch she attempts.

It's quiet in here, too quiet. No music, no...nothing. She doesn't even have headphones in. "A silent workout?" I ask. When she whirls to face me, panic lacing her eyes with her hand over her heart, I quickly understand why she was working out in silence and feel horrible for scaring her. "Sorry," I say. "I should have announced myself sooner."

She shakes her head, stripping off her boxing gloves and tossing them to the ground in frustration. Sweat is trickling down her stomach, the band of her sports bra stained from the wetness, but I can't concentrate on that when she seems irritated and collapses to the floor, going right into stretching.

"How was shopping?" She asks.

I shrug and slip my sleek boots off to stand before her on the mat. "It was fine. I'd rather hear about what's got you all worked up."

"It's nothing. I'm fine."

I arch a brow.

"I'm fine," she repeats.

I extend a hand and bring her to her feet, the top of her head barely grazing underneath my chin. "Now I know that's a lie, Sienna. What's going through that head of yours?" I tilt her chin up so I can stare her in those beautiful, warm, honey-brown eyes, and as soon as our gaze locks, I know I've got her.