Some Come for Coffee, Some Come for Hope

The king, Nagito, sits on his grand throne in a dimly lit stone room. The room's walls are adorned with lanterns that provide a warm and cozy glow. The spacious room has a forest-green rug that runs from the door all the way up to the throne, adding a touch of elegance to the setting. Nagito seems lost in thought, and apart from the occasional creak of the door, the room is almost silent. Suddenly, the door creaks open, and Nagito opens his greying green eyes, letting out a sigh.

"Who is it?".

"It's me"

Nanami enters the throne room, pulling down her dark teal hood. Nagito looks at her with a glimmer of hope in his eyes 

"Is it important, Nanami?"

"She has inherited the throne"

"Of course, she has" 

Nagito dramatically sighs, as if he had already expected this news.

"Wasn't her sister first in line?" 

"Her sister stepped down, specifically to allow her to come into power I know you really don't want to engage, but you can't just leave your people to be ruled by that madwoman."

"Fine, I assume you've been trying to find me protection all day?"

"Yes, I'll be right back with him!" 

Nanami rushes out of the room. Nagito's face shows a mix of emotions as he sighs dramatically while rubbing the bridge of his nose. He stares into the empty space in front of him, lost in thought. Why do I have to deal with all of this? I'm not built to rule, but of course, I was the only child my parents had. I wish I would have died with them or never have been born, but I'm still here. Nagito brushes his crunchy dry hair out of his face before Chiaki walks in with a man.

"You found... a guy?" 

Nagito looks at the man standing before him.

"Your Highness" 

The man bows respectfully.

"Alright, I'll take it"

"Wait, really?"

"Why wouldn't he accept my protection?"

"You have no idea how hard it is to get him to accept help"

"Yes, yes, I'm self-destructive and all that. You can go ahead and go home now, Nanami" 

Chiaki bows and takes her leave, pulling her ocean green hood over her pink-tinted hair. Nagito studies the man head to toe. He seems to be sizing him up, trying to figure him out.

"Welcome to the castle staff, sir...?"

"Hinata... Hajime"

"Sir Hinata" 

Nagito acknowledges him with a nod. A slightly uncomfortable silence falls over the room before Hajime clears his throat.

"There aren't many people in the castle, are there?"

"No"

"Uh... why is that?"

"I don't see a need for servants or whatever it is that is usually in a castle"

"I see... not even knights?"

"No, I'm not all that important. What is a king without a kingdom full of citizens but a man with money made a prisoner by his own choosing?"

"I've never thought of it like that"

"I have. I often think about what it means to be a king"

Nagito stares at Hajime for what seems like an eternity before shifting slightly. 

"Go settle in."

"Yes, sir" 

Hajime bows and leaves. Now, Nagito sits on his throne, lost in thought as usual, pondering his use in life.