"Principal Smith!" María began. Before she could get any more words in, he shushed her.

"I have the footage from the cameras. It does show here that you attacked Y/N first, María." He glared at her.

"Yes!" I whispered to myself.

"But,"

"Never mind.."

"This doesn't mean you're off the hook, Y/N. Although it was self-defense, you did more damage than her. Now, may I ask how this happened?" He sat up and crossed his arms, looking over to María for her input first.

And of course, she put on a fake cry and began to speak. "Well... Y/N she..." She sniffled I'm between her sentences. "She made my boyfriend cheat on me!"

"I see. And who is your boyfriend?" The principal asked. He laced his fingers together while listening to her story.

"His name... his name is Miles Morales." She looked down at the floor with such a melancholic expression.

I couldn't help but Scoff, making me receive some glares in return.

"Okay, and Y/N, what's your side of the story?" The principal looked over to me now.

"Okay, well, basically, Miles is not Marías boyfriend! He doesn't even like her!" I sat up in my seat.

"That's a lie! She's lying!" María exclaimed.

"It's not your turn to speak."

I let out a small smirk when I heard what he said. I then continued on. "And so one day in class, I asked to borrow his notes. And then I thanked him for letting me borrow them, right? And then María was all like, "He doesn't want you!" And stuff like that!" I threw a quick glance at the fuming girl, who would punch me again if she could.

"What else? About the cheating thing?" My principal questioned.

"And so then she invited me to a party that I didn't want to go to. Miles then offered me to go with him because he wanted to "get her offa my back." So then I did eventually end up going, right? But María forced a drink down my throat! And I keep telling people that, but they won't believe me!" I took a deep breath after ending my small rant.

"I see." He looked back over to María. "And so how does this correlate with Miles – who is claimed to not be your boyfriend – cheating on you?"

María put the fake tears back on – as if she were fooling the principal anyways. "There's video evidence! I have video evidence of Y/N and my boyfriend making out!"

She quickly pulled out her phone and played the video for the principal.

"For the last time, María and Miles aren't dating! You can literally bring him in here!" I said in retaliation.

"Hm. Well, both of the stories are pretty convincing. I might just do that." He looked at me and picked up his office phone, dialing what I'm assuming is Miles' current classroom teacher.

A few moments later, Miles arrived at the office, seemingly surprised to see María and I in the same room.

"Mr. Morales, have a seat." The principal gestured to the empty seat between us. He hesitantly took it.

Miles looked over to me and then to María. "So, what's goin' on? Am I in trouble?"

The principal shook his head. "María here claims that you are her boyfriend? Is that correct?"

Miles flashed a quick look of disgust, only before answering a firm no.

"I see. So you were lying, María?" He looked back over to her.