Chapter 1

Playlist (Optional just some songs I listened to while I wrote this)

~ Nothing Ever Changes by Nico Collins

~ Hope by NF

~ Home by Bebe Rexha, Machine Gun Kelly, and X Ambassadors

~ The Nights by Avicii

~ Freaks by Jordan Clarke

~ Soldier, Poet, King by The Oh Hellos

~ The Airport by Cameron Sanderson

Part 1

"Sandy's Lament"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There once was this girl, she was the cutest little thing you have ever seen. Her long pastel pink hair draping beautifully down her face and her emerald, green eyes. She stood at about 5'4 for her height. She went by the name of Sandy Burrow which will soon perish from a brutal murder. Her story starts in the year when everything was rustic and old. People with swords and nobility around. People from all kinds of species came to this lovely little place called Lutov. People of all sizes, shapes, colors, and amazing backstories. But Sandy's was more of the ordinary kind. She came to Lutov after she had nothing left in from her previous planet. She wanted a sense of adventure and thrill, so she set off on a ship and landed in a little place called Lutov. She traveled up and down the streets of the countries of Lutov meeting a lot of people and seeing new towns. Towns by the names of Mutiano, Melham, Kanora, Palldale, Stanlow, Norath, Avia, and many more beautiful places. Sandy was your ordinary human and had nothing special about her besides her terrible fate she will meet.

Right when Sandy landed in Lutov the first thing she did was walk around! During that time of her walking around she stumbled upon a man named Mick. Mick stood at about 6'2, his skin a tan color, short brown hair that sat ruffled and messy, a small brown stubble sitting on his chin, dark brown eyes, wearing pretty dirtied clothing like he has just got off from mining. He saw her and wanted to take her in as his own.

"Um Hey... my name is Mick Tracer." He would say with a deep old and gruff voice. "Hiya! My name is Sandy Fable!" Sandy responds cheerfully with her soft and sweet voice. Mick, after not hearing that name before questions her, "I haven't seen you around here before are you new?" Sandy would give a soft nod before responding, "Yes I am! I just arrived from a boat not too long about maybe a couple of hours." He nods in response looking down at his dirty clothes before looking back up at her, "What are you if I may ask? Like species wise there is quite a few different species here so it's kind of hard to tell who what is." Sandy looks a little confused at him until it finally dawned on her, "Oh! I'm just a human! What are you?" He thinks about it for a second before deciding to tell her, "I'm a shapeshifter, I can turn into anyone I have met." Her eyes would widen at this, "Oh! That's really cool actually!"  Mick would let out a chuckle and nod, "may I ask how old you are?" "Oh I'm 21 years old sir." She responds to his question, "and how old are you?" Mick questions the sir in his own mind as he speaks, "no need to call me sir. But I am 253 years old." Sandy's eyes would widen and exclaim, "WHAT?! No, you are not!! You don't look older than 34!!" He would let out a low chuckle, "Shifters stop aging at a certain age it's different for all shifters. You know... you remind me so much of my daughter..." The happy conversation the two were having turning upsetting with just one reminder. Sandy gives him a look of empathy before she speaks. "May I ask what happened to your daughter?" Mick would just let out a gently sigh before shaking his head no. "That is a story for another time. Do you have anywhere to stay?" Sandy shakes her head no gently as she speaks, "No, I do not have anywhere to stay. Do you know of where I could stay?" Mick lights up again and nods his head, "why yes, I actually live nearby here in a town called Palldale most of the Shapeshifters like me live there. We have a shapeshifter that can turn into a dragon." Sandy's eyes widen at what she was just told, "Really?! I would love to meet them!" Mick would nod in agreement, "Then let's go. I have a spare bedroom that isn't being used anymore at my home with my wife." Sandy would smile a little and question him, "I don't want to intrude really! What about your wife?" Mick shakes his head no and waves his hand off to the side before he speaks, "Not at all! My wife won't mind, in fact she would love to meet you!" Sandy would sigh a little in relief and nod gently. "Thank you so much Mick!"