Chapter 20

TW! ABUSE

He sat there for a second. His father looked older, more wrinkles laid on his face. His grey roots were showing. His Mom looked tired. Last time he saw them, they told him, they were going to go work for a company or something.

"Son-" Mr. Harrington was cut off.

"Don't call me that. You don't get to call me that after you completely abandoned me." Steve said with an angry tone. He gritted his teeth. "Where did you go?! I haven't seen either of you since sophomore year, you stopped sending postcards halfway through senior year!"

The group had come upstairs to make sure he was safe. Steve looked back and tensed up, he didn't want them to see this but he didn't want them to go.

"We thought you didn't want to talk to us anymore, you stopped answering our calls!" Ms. Harrington said with a raspy

"Oh, bullshit! I stopped answering your calls because I knew you should've just been here with me, being my fucking parents. You always put your fucking job first. I couldn't take the abuse anymore. Did uou know that 6 months ago, I almost died. Or a year ago, I almost got beaten to death, or ANYTHING personal in my life?" Steve said with cracky voice.

don't cry, don't cry, don't cry Steve thought. He needed to show his strength, especially in from of his dad. "What do you mean you almost died?!" His dad shouted

He sighed, lifted up his hoodie to show the scars on his stomach and the faint line he had on his neck from the demobats.

His mother gasped, and his father just walked. "Yeah...great! Just walk out like you always have, Dad!"

His Dad turned around and punched him and pinned him to the wall. Steve started giggling. "What are you laughing at, boy!" He knew this was going to happen.

Steve didn't care that it hurt. fuck fuck fuck, he remembered that everyone knew about his past. Everyone heard everything. He wasn't going to be "just steve" now. He was the kid who got abused and abandoned at 15.

"Stop, honey, you're hurting him!" Ms. harrington tried to stop Mr. harrington. He proceeded to push her to the floor, "Everyone stay back!" Steve said as he saw some trying to come and help.

Steve started to struggle. He was heated. "Mom!"

Mr. Harrington felt something metal press up against the side of his head. It was a gun. "I would let  go of Steve, here, if I were you." hopper said obviously, furious.

Wow, this chapter was a lot darker, would yall want to go deeper into any story with anyone? Just let me know!