007 unleash the beast!

CHAPTER SEVEN( unleash the beast! )

CHAPTER SEVEN
( unleash the beast! )

     "CUPID'S KETTLE DRUMS?!" Kiara laughed outrageously.

     Cordelia scrunched her nose. "Well, yes. What do you all call them?"

     "Tits. Knockers. Jugs. God's greatest gift to humankind." JJ shrugged, tossing a twig into their fire; chuckling when Pope elbowed him in the ribs.

     "You know, John B." Sarah began sarcastically, tearing through the rubbery fish in her hands. "I think this is your best dish yet."

     "I get it, it's over cooked." he rolled his eyes, lazily lifting his hands in defense. "Sue me."

     "Well, if anyone wants to wash it down with something other than salty coconut water, have at it." the Carrera girl nodded towards a small cup sitting in the sand.

     Cleo grabbed it, bringing it to her face to smell it. Immediately, she grimaced and pulled away. "What the hell is that? You tryin' to kill us?"

     Kiara chuckled, shaking her head and tucking her curly locks behind her ears. "I read once about how people make almond milk. I thought I'd try it with some wild nuts I found on the north side of the island."

     By now, JJ had commandeered the small cup; observing its contents warily in the fire light. "So this is..." he struggled to suppress a snort. "...nut milk?"

     Cordelia was the only one who laughed, everyone else merely rolled their eyes. The blonde boy sniffed it tentatively, immediately gagging.

     A smirk grew on the Edwards girl's face, and she nodded at JJ from where she sat on the driftwood across from him. "I dare you."

     He slung his head forward, eyes widening. "This?! You want me to drink this?!"

     "I honestly wouldn't." Kiara cringed. "It's been in the sun all day."

JJ rapidly shook his head, wanting no part of it as he set it back down. "I'm not putting this shit in my body. I don't have a good immune system."

Confused looks appeared on surrounding faces, Pope speaking up with knitted brows. "Having a good immune system doesn't... never mind."

Cordelia stared at him through slitted eyes and the lightest of smiles. "Coward." she stated simply before leaning forward, scooping up the cup, rising to her feet, and downing the contents inside; eyes screwed shut in dislike.