Little Rockstar Pt.3

The last three months of my pregnancy went by really fast. I could give birth any day now and Alex is even more excited than before. Don't get me wrong I loved being pregnant but now I just want her out.

————————————————————————

Al and I are cuddling on the sofa watching something on the TV when I suddenly feel a sharp pain coming and going like a wave. I clutch my belly taking a deep breath when Alex looks at me concerned.

"What is it?", he asks his eyes widened his voice laced with worry.

"I think I just had a contraction," I say looking up at him.

"Then let's get to the hospital," Al says jumping up from the sofa and running to get my hospital bag.

"Al, that's not how that works, we have to track how many minutes the contractions are apart," I call after him.

He comes out of the bedroom looking confused.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that there is no use to drive to the hospital when the contractions are like 5 seconds long and 15 minutes apart," I say making Alex only more confused.

"I don't understand but as long as you know what's to do." He gives me a half smile.

"Yes, I know what to do. Could you get a piece of paper and a pen? And your phone? You have to track the contractions," I say and he nods.

Just as he is back with all the things there is a new wave of pain.

After an hour or so of tracking we decide it's time to get to the hospital partly because the contractions are now five minutes apart and partly because I can't handle the pain anymore.

The whole ride Al has his hand on my thigh and guides me through every new contraction breathing with me and talking me through it.

We arrive and Alex helps me out of the car walking me to the front desk of the hospital.

The woman at the desk looks up and asks for our names. Then she gets a nurse who gets us a room. I change into a hospital gown and then the doctor comes in to check up one me and the baby.

"You're already 7 centimeters dilated, for how long do you have contractions now?" the doctor asks.

"For exactly two and a half hours," Al answers looking at his notes.

"Alright then it's not going to take so much longer for your little one to arrive," the doctor says smiling at me. "I'm gonna give you some pain meds and if you need anything just push this button there." She points to the red button.

After a few minutes I already notice how the medication works.

"Hey baby, do you need anything?" Alex asks stroking my cheek.

"No, just you by my side," I answer smiling at him. I'm so happy he's there for me.

"I think that's just about possible," he laughs.

I probably look like a freaking mess my hair thrown into a bun and my makeup all smudged but still Alex manages to gives me butterflies by looking at me with this look he also had on our wedding day when I walked down the isle.

After an hour the doctor comes back in and checks on me again.

"10 centimeters, you're ready Mrs. Turner."

I look at Alex scared but he just smiles reassuringly. He grabs my hand and squeezes it to let me know he's there.

I feel a contraction coming and the doctor instructs me to push.

I give my all every time a contraction comes probably breaking Al's hand on the way but then she's finally here.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Turner here is your beautiful baby," the doctor says putting her on my chest so we can have skin to skin contact.

"Mr. Turner would you like to cut the umbilical cord?"

Alex just nods his face a little pale.

As our baby girl lays on my chest I can't help it and happy tears stream down my face.

"You did such a great job mama," Alex whispers wiping the tears away with his thumb and kissing my forehead.

Then she gets taken away to get her cleaned and to do a check up.

After ten minutes which felt like forever she's back in my arms and I can feed her for the first time. After that Alex gets to hold his little girl.

"She is so tiny I'm almost scared to hold her," he says looking down at her. There is this spark in his eyes and this love. The kind of love a man can only have for his child. He rocks her to sleep and I can finally rest.

———————Two weeks later———————

We are back home and it's our first week as a family of three. It's been exhausting but Alex has been the best husband and father I could ask for.

————————————————————————

I wake up from our daughter crying because she's hungry. I turn on the light on the nightstand and pick her up to nurse her. I'm so sleep deprived I almost fall asleep while doing so. I haven't noticed Alex waking up until he speaks.

"When you're done go back to sleep I'll do a diaper change and get her back to sleep," he smiles tiredly and kisses the side of my head.

"Thank you," I whisper.

"No, thank you. For being such an amazing woman and mummy." He gives me a kiss and I can only smile. How did I get so lucky?

When the baby is done I burp her and hand her over to Alex. I lay back down and watch him as he handles her with care and coos her back to sleep. He would do anything for his little girl I already know by the way he looks at her. Soon I drift off to sleep dreaming of our baby girl and Alex running through the garden, laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys thank you for your feedback on what you want to read. It helped me to find motivation again and here it is, part 3. I hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think.

- Em XX