Chapter 36: It's a Bust

Start from the beginning

"What did I miss?" Kim asked as she opened her bedroom door. She ran towards us and sat down with us.

I didn't have to speak, because L was too excited to spill the news to Kim. "Asher and Yap are now officially together."

Kim perked up and hugged me. "OMG! I'm so happy for you!"

I hugged her tighter before pulling away from her. "I'm so happy, too. I feel like everything is starting to be okay na."

"What's your plan pala after? Are you going to visit your parents?" Kim asked. Gosh, I feel like 10 people have been asking me about this for a week now! "Or mag stay in lang muna kayo ni Yap?"

"Staying in is not part of the plan, since may work siya. We have to meet after office hours pa, so marami talaga akong time this week for myself."

"No reason not to visit your parents," L pointed out, as someone who successfully fixed her relationship with her parents. She's now an advocate of it.

"Yeah, yeah," I answered noncommittally. "As if kakayanin ng konsensya ko na hindi pa rin magpakita sa kanila."

We continued talking about our lives, a continuation of us catching up again. Kim gave us a heads up about moving back to Pampanga, making Louisse think about wanting to live with Kade. All the talk about our living situation made me feel a little excited about the possibility of living in an apartment on my own... or moving in with Storm.

But I scratched that thought off, we literally just got together not 24 hours ago.

So that's out.

But going on dates?

Nope. We're going to do that, and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.

"Anyway, niyaya pala ako ni Storm na mag-date mamaya."

"So he's Storm to you now."

I rolled my eyes. "I still call him Yap, lalo na kapag napipikon ako sa kanya. It's just weird to call him with his mom's surname now that he's not hiding behind it anymore."

"You need help with getting ready?"

"Sure! Nakaka-miss rin mag-ayos na pang normal na tao at kasama kayo!"

"C'mon, Kim. Let's raid her suitcases, I'm sure hindi pa yan nakakapag-unpack!"

"Did you see how many suitcases they brought yesterday? Sa pagkakaalala ko, dalawang suitcase dala niya four months ago!"

Kim and Louisse opted to choose for me, since masyado silang na-excite nang makita nila 'yung branded clothes na binili ko at binigay sa akin ng brands that I worked with, either for a social media campaign or through my modeling work.

They both decided on a Miu Miu pink silk dress, partnered with a white Ralph Lauren cardigan and a pink Prada baguette. For my footwear, I decided to go for an understated white block heels. It's so kikay, but I learned to love girlie aesthetics and other feminine stuff in general. It comes with the job, really.

As our resident winged-eyeliner expert, Louisse helped with my makeup since I cannot be helped with when it comes to drawing one! My pasmado hands could never. Meanwhile, Kim curled my hair while marveling at how soft it still is after getting bleached.

I had a few minutes to spare and hype myself up when we finished. Nagtataka pa sila kung bakit, since it's just Yap. But they didn't know how special this was to me.

It's just because this is our first time to date as a couple. This is also my first time going out with a boyfriend!

Storm came a few minutes later with a bouquet of wildflowers in his hands, and gave me a kiss on the lips as a greeting—making my roommates squeal in kilig. I swear I was blushing so hard when I pushed the bouquet in their direction.