"I'll admit that yes it would be cool if we could actually be considered family, but the chance that I date someone in your family, and get married to them is slim. There is also a chance that we could break up and then your whole family would hate me,"

"That's why you don't think about that possibility," she shrugged.

"How about this," I began, second-guessing what I was about to tell her. "If I don't have a boyfriend within the next month or two I give you permission to set me up with whoever you want to whether their in your family or not. But this will be the last time you set me up with somebody, got it?"

"I got it," she nodded, smiling from ear to ear. She seemed way too happy about my offer.

"We're done talking about this now," I said. "I don't want to talk about my failing love life, it's sad," I admit.

"I'll begin my search for who I'm going to set you up with. Because it will be my last chance, it needs to be a good one," Gemma explained. "It's a good thing I know you so well and what your type is. I'm going to find you your future husband. I hope you're ready," she said, getting all giddy.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna go to the restroom and then get some food. I'll meet you back out here soon," I smiled.

"Alright," she nodded, turning her body to begin talking to my stepmom.

I walked toward the sliding door that was at the back of their house. I opened it and walked through the kitchen and towards the downstairs bathroom. I have come to know this house like the back of my hand. I knew the whole layout of the house like I had lived here my entire life. In a way, it felt like it because if I wasn't at my own house, I was here with Gemma. The same goes for Gemma.

I knew where all of the plates and bowls were in the kitchen. I knew where I could find Anne or Robin if I wanted to talk. I knew where the extra blankets and pillows were if I ever needed them. I even knew where the so-called junk drawer was. And I knew that I could come over here anytime I needed to or wanted to. I was their family.

I've always felt at home here whether or not Anne, Robin, or Gemma were here. I could be here by myself and feel at home.

I finished up in the bathroom and washed my hands. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I actually liked the way I looked today. I guess what Gemma had said helped me. I exited the bathroom, shutting the light off behind me.

After leaving the bathroom, I walked down the hallway that lead to the two guest rooms that were in the house. The guest room at the end of the hallway to the right was considered my room when I stayed here, but I rarely used it. Anytime that I stayed the night here, I was always in Gemma's bedroom. We didn't like our sleepover to ever end, so we slept in the same room to make it last longer. I smiled at the thought of our many sleepovers.

I say slept as if we actually fell asleep. Most times we stayed up until the early hours of the morning talking, playing random games, or giving each other horrible makeovers. It was fun for us.

It makes me sad to remember those times because we haven't done that in years. I mean, we obviously hang out as much as we can with what our schedules allow, but we don't really do the other things. We're adults now so we talk about our life problems and how we can help the other fix them or heal from them. We've really changed a lot over the years.

I came down this hallway because I wanted to reminisce on everything. Anne covered both of the walls in the hallway with many pictures. I'm talking like there is barely any room on the wall for more to get put up. There are family pictures of the four of them. Anne, Robin, Gemma, and Harry. There's even some with Desmond that is up on this wall.