Chapter 013 Shoot Your Shot

Start from the beginning

"Maybe." The AC breaks.

Since Steven broke the AC it was hot as hell.

We all decided to go to the boardwalk, and Belly being Belly invited Skye.

I'm willing to give them a chance but if if they are anything like their mother it's not going to work.

When we got to the boardwalk all my memories flooded back.

"Ugh it's so hot. Can we get some ice cream, you know, natures air conditioning." Belly suggests.

We go get the ice cream and go to the pier.

"My mom hated this place. Your mom would force her to come here. She loved it." Skye says.

"You know what my mom also loved?" Conrad begins.

"The beach house." We say simultaneously.

Skye opens their mouth again. "My moms not a bad person Conrad. And your mom wasn't a saint."

What the fuck did this bitch just say?

My fist balls up and Steven grabs my hand calming me down.

"It's hot. Why don't we go to the arcade." Steven says walking me off the pier.

To everyone I have ever met, other than Aunt Julia, Susannah's was in fact a saint.

When we got to the arcade it was laser tag time.

For as long as I can remember up until age 14 every summer we had a boardwalk competition.

Eventually, we got to competitive so Laurel banned us from every playing agin.

"For old times sake?"

Belly, Skye, and I were on one team and the boys on the other.

After Belly explained the rules to Skye the game started.

It was down to the final point. Whoever got this one would win.

I saw Jeremiah out of the corner of my eye so I ran past.

Conrad grabbed me as Steven shot and got the point.
(Idk how to explain it but if you've seen the show it's what Jere and Conrad do to Belly)

"UGH NOOO" I shout in defeat.

"The Fisher brothers plus Steven have done it again!" They high five each other.

"Steven me and you need a rematch." I point to him.

He picks me up over his shoulder, "I'm thinking rock climbing?"

When we get to rock climb Cam Cameron is there.

Something that would be important to know, when Susanna died I would make weekly trips to cousins. During those trips Cam and I would bond over the fact we both lost someone.

We got really close and since I had been distant from Belly, I considered him my best friend.

"Cam?" I say running over to him. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on a whale watching boat?"

"Uh yea it fell through." He replied.

I frown. I knew how much it meant to him. "Well I'm glad you're here because we have a debate to settle."

Steven and I go on the rock climbing wall, and of course he wins.

"Where to next?" Cam asks the group.

"It's their call." Belly points to the boys.

"Go cart racing?" Jeremiah suggests.

As they started walking to racing I pulled Cam aside.