4: BLOOD

Kita is immediately fumbling in his pocket for the pack of matches he brought with him. In doing so, he drops the candle. He decides to just leave it, hurriedly striking another match.

When he looks back up, he finds the silhouette gone. Kita backs up a bit, unsure where the person could've gone in such a short time. Perhaps they left? That would be fantastic, but he's pretty sure it's not the case. He could've sworn the mystery person was looking right at him, and everything feels wrong.

Kita continues backing up, making the decision to turn around. His best hope of escape is most likely not going out that way. He should turn around and try to find a business that's open or something. Somewhere to hide out until morning.

Before Kita can do so, he feels himself run into something behind him. He jumps, turning around and finding the same figure from before. It's definitely a man, and he's quite tall. His face is cast in shadows, so Kita can't make out any characteristics. He's far too close, and Kita stumbles backwards.

Once he's a couple feet away from the man, he notices something. The man's eyes are glowing white, sclera completely pitch black. It's scary, and Kita already feels his entire body trembling in fear. He takes more steps back, though he's having a difficult time functioning. He can hardly think, too distracted by terror and confusion.

Humans don't have eyes like that.

For the first time in his life, Kita is confronting a monster.

Kita's match blows out, casting the entire alleyway in darkness once again. He drops it, adrenaline kicking in and preparing to sprint in the other direction. Before he can take but a few steps, however, a force is knocking him into the wall.

The bricks scrape painfully against his arm, the inhuman force only harshening the wound. Kita hits the wall and falls to the ground, wincing in pain as he lays on the concrete, face against the cold pavement. Kita lays there for a moment and tries to catch his breath.

"Nikita," he hears a deep, gravelly voice. It's unfamiliar, though something about it is immediately setting off alarm bells in his head.

"The prince's pet." The man continues. Kita begins shakily pushing himself up, stumbling up to his feet. He falls back against the wall, breathing heavier than before. He hasn't exerted much energy, but the panic is getting to him. He can't see anything, the voice sounding like it's coming from everywhere. "Glad we can finally meet."

Kita can't see anything, and it's bothering him, so he cautiously strikes another match. It doesn't light up much, but it does reveal a pair of black boots only a few feet in front of him. He glances up to the person's face, and finds a somewhat generic looking man. He's got light skin and blond hair, eyes unmoving from Kita's face.

He's also smiling. It's a calculating, predatory smile. The situation only gets worse, when Kita lays eyes on his teeth. They're all sharp, like shark teeth, but there are two that are longer than the others. Fangs.

Oh god. Oh no. This isn't just a monster, it's a fucking vampire. Not only that, but he clearly knows who Kita is. That only makes it worse, because Kita's best friend happens to be one of the most notable monster hunters alive. He's a natural, and has probably killed dozens of this man's kind.

"W-Who are you?" Kita asks him, pressing himself as far against the wall as he can. His eyes widen further when the man begins walking towards him.

"Not important," the vampire replies. Kita can hear his own heartbeat in his ears.

"Well, my— I mean, um," holy shit, Kita, think. Convince him not to kill you! Kita's never been in this situation before, so his mind is coming up blank. "My blood is gross. It's—I have, uh, blood... disease. It's disgusting. You don't want any."