Chapter 6 - late night stroll -

Começar do início

"Oh what really? With who? What are you guys up to? How exciting!" Terra was on fire and seemingly wanted to know everything Mila could possibly have said.

"To be honest, I don't know too much about him myself yet. He's in his second year here. And he's really good-looking and very funny and nice," she replied without giving too much away.
"Sounds great. Write to me though if anything seems weird to you. Then I'll get you out of it. You're so pretty, I'm sure lots of guys want you here. I don't want anyone else to get the wrong idea," she said worriedly.

„It'll be okay. I trust him. But I really need to go now, Ter. Don't wait for me, i dont know how long I'll be gone. Sleep tight" Mila smiled at Terra and left the suite.

Sam stood at the other end of the wall opposite her. He smiled when he saw her coming. With big, confident steps, he walked towards her and then hugged her. "You look beautiful." he said, looking down at her.

"Shall we?" he made a sweeping gesture and then led her out of the hallway and into the stairwell.

"Sam, I really don't want to be a killjoy, but how are we going to get out of here? The entrance is guarded," Mila said hesitantly.

"With a little magic. Trust me!" said Sam with a grin and motioned her to follow him.
„I'm an earth fairy. My magic is pretty boring. But it comes in handy sometimes. Hold onto me very tightly, alright? Trust me, you'll be fine. No one will see us." Sam said trustworthy.

She grabbed his waist and got close to him. He smelled really good. Like the first rain after many hot sunny days, a little harsh and... Mila couldn't describe it any other way, but it smelled like home.

Sam slowly leaned into the wall, But they did not lean against it. Instead, they slid through the massive stone wall and a moment later found themselves outside the building again.

„What? How?" Mila asked amazed. „Your magic is awesome, not boring." she added. „In fact, dear Mila, it is boring. I can bore through all kind of natural things." he leaned in on her only to brush off a dusty core off of her nose.

„ I am not supposed to do it in school, but it shaves off about 3 minutes in between classes." he smiled.
„A whole 3 minutes? Wow! What do you do with all the spare time you've got?" Mila joked.

„Well.. wandering around. But I assume forcing some mental girls here to experience some peace will be my new favourite hobby." sam grinned and took Mila's hand to get them past the guards unnoticed. Mila wondered how often he had done this here. It was exciting to always cross a path with Sam at the right moment to avoid being seen. A few times Sam had to nimbly let a few plants grow higher so they could hide behind them.

All the time he held Mila's hand tightly in his. She felt a pleasant tingling in her hand and the butterflies in her stomach did somersaults of joy. She had never felt this way around a boy but this feeling was addicting.

They finally arrived at a clearing in the courtyard where no security guards were seen or heard. Sam didn't let go of Mila's hand and Mila was instinctively happy about that.

She had never stayed awake for very long. After all, she needed her well-deserved sleep. So it was only now that she noticed how wonderfully quiet it was at night. Around her and inside her.

It was just her, her own emotions and a guy she really fancied. If only she had known a few nights ago how drastically her life could change to the better. She enjoyed every second of this moment.

They came to an halt at the exact same bench they were interrupted earlier that day. She smiled flustered and sat down as he said „Shall we continue our talk?" grinningly.
Once he sat down himself, he took off his jacket and gave it to Mila. She just noticed then that she was shaking of cold. „Sorry, Mila. Should have told you we were going out out. We can't risk you getting sick now, can we?"

A wonderful smell lulled her and she felt directly warm and secure. She smiled up at him.

„so mila, which realm are you from? I've never seen you around here before and usually you get to know quite many fairy families from Solaria if you live here." Sam asked genuinely.
„I'm from the first world actually. From a small town. I live with my mum, she's human. I mean, she's normal without any kind of powers." Mila tried answering without mentioning her dad.

„Must be hard coming here without knowing anybody. So you don't know anybody or anything around here?" he asked and Mila shook her head, relieved that he didn't ask anymore about her family.

"then come. I'll give you a tour, I grew up here, you wouldn't want to miss such a tour." Sam grinned and looked at her before taking her hand and standing up with her and starting to walk with her across the meadows.

The time flew by. They had already been on the road for three hours. Mila learned that Sam had grown up here together with his father and little sister. He was really funny and gave her the most creative tour she could imagine.

Just as they were walking through the wall of a classroom and Sam was showing her the inside of the school, they heard something.
"It's okay. I'll be careful. She needs me, you're no good." said a female voice in the distance to someone they couldn't hear or see.
"You really need to be careful." a man answered her.

The two came in Mila and Sam's direction. Sam pushed Mila into a dark alcove. He gestured for her to breathe shallowly and be quiet. Mila closed her eyes, fearful that she would be caught. What would happen then? Would she be kicked out before school could even start? How was she going to explain this to her mother?

Two figures walked past them. One smaller one faster, more energetic, the other tall one following behind her. "Hey. I'm serious. If we get caught because of you...I've been working on this for so long" whisper-yelled the taller figure. "Well, that just goes to show how unsuccessful you've been so far." the female, other voice replied, bored. With that, she left the man standing and walked away with firm steps.