𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐲𝐚 ; a happy family

Start from the beginning

"watch your mouth kaeya, or i'll have to teach you some manners."

"oh?" kaeya smirked and leaned forward, close to your face. he brought his lips closer to yours, and your heart started beating a little faster — but just before it seemed like he would close the gap between your lips, he paused — smirking wider. "i dont think that vulgar mouth of yours knows manners sweetheart." he then pulled away.

your face was now the colour of venti's favourite fruit. you smacked him across his forearm before turning away from him. "i regret ever meeting you sometimes."

kaeya laughed. "well i dont regret meeting you."

"kaeya! y/n! i caught a crystalfly!" klee yellee from afar, and kaeya clapped for her achievement. you got up from where you were sitting to go over to take a look. you knelt down in front of klee's clasped hands. "its in my hands~"

"thats great klee! can i see it?"

"but if i open my hands... it will fly away..."

"i'll catch it for you if it does okay?"

klee seems happy with this answer, and slowly, she unclasps her hands. almost immediately, the crystalfly flies out from her hands.

"ah! my butterfly!" klee cries and points.

you jump right into action, leaping into the air and bouncing off the tree kaeya rested under, shaking it to the point a branch fell off and hit the top of his head. you extended your arms and caught the crystalfly into your hands and landed on the ground with a roll.

klee was amazed. "woahhhh!! that... THAT WAS SO COOL! klee wants to learn how to do that too!"

kaeya was rubbing the top of his head. "it's dangerous to try to attempt what y/n just did."

"yeah, maybe when you're older, you can learn." you handed the crystalfly to klee, and she happily took it. she jumped with excitement as she kept the fly in her pocket for safekeeping.

"thanks for catching my crystalfly, i'll wear it as a necklace."

"of course klee. anything for you," you then took her hand. "now, lets make flower crowns. let grandpa kaeya rest."

kaeya laughed. "hey, excuse me?"

"i said what i said~"

you and klee then spent the rest of the afternoon making flower crowns out of pretty flowers and leaves while kaeya caught some well needed sleep under the tree.

you waited until the sun set to bring klee to the markets to get some desserts for her. klee was sitting on kaeya's shoulders as you ordered some cake and snacks for her to bring back home. once you handed it to them, klee clapped her hands and grabbed the snacks and devoured almost half of it.

"woah, youre pretty hungry arent you?" kaeya asks. some of the crumbs fell on top of kaeya's head, and you laughed before brushing them off.

"she hadnt eaten all day kaeya."

"is that right?" kaeya smiles. "well then, if you're still hungry after we go back home, i can make supper."

"okay!" klee nods her head as she chomps down on the snacks. slowly, you and kaeya make your way back home with klee still sitting on his shoulders. you waved at amber and eula just before you headed back home, and reminded them that you loved them.

they just laughed at you.

once the three of you were home, kaeya brought klee towards the kitchen and plopped her little self on the dining table so he could make some supper. you removed some of your clothes and closed the front door before slithering your way towards the bathroom to prepare a hot bubble bath for klee.