Chapter 7 THE PAST

Start from the beginning

Vishthanjana murmured- "He is anything but not happy at all". She was thinking about his father that he is not living a happy life after seeing old photographs and Chetnaya's words confirmed her thought.

"Tumne kuch kaha", asked Chetnaya as he saw Vishthanjana's lips moving but unable to understand what she spoke.

Vishthanjana- "Nahi, kuch nahi. I should go now. Mujhe late ho rahi hai." She ran from there. Later she took leave from office citing personal reasons and went to her flat.

After meeting, Chetnaya was searching Vishthanjana and came to know that she left from office after her conversation with him. Abhimanyu who came to pick him observed him being lost somewhere. Abhimanyu tapped on his shoulder and asked what he is thinking.

Chetnaya- "kuch nahi, bas Vishthanjana ke baarein mein soch raha tha".

Abhimanyu- "Usse kya hua"?

Chetnaya- "Pata nahi. Vishakha kisi kaam se office aayi thi. Vishthanjana uske sath thi. Vo Arnav ki photo dekh kar shock ho gayi thi jaise vo kuch janti hai par btana nahi chahti".

Abhimanyu- "Ye sab tera assumption bhi to sakta hai. Vo kyu aise react karegi?"

Chetnaya- "Kuch bhi ho sakta hai par assumption nahi. Mujhe pura yakeen hai ki vo kuch to chuppa rahi hai. Tumhe pata hai, uske sare questions sirf Arnav ke baarein mein hi the. Jaise ki ab kyu nahi khelte , kya hua tha. Jab mene usse pucha ki vo Arnav ko janti hai to usne saaf mana kar diya. Par kuch to aisa hai jo vo chupa rahi thi. Jitna mene Vishthanjana ko jana hai, usne kabhi apna sir jhukana nahi sikha paar aaj usne ek baar bhi mujhse najre nahi milayi."

Abhimanyu- "to hum us se hi baat kyu nahi kar lete".

Chetnaya- "meri meeting puri hone se phele hi vo chali gayi".

Abhimanyu- "Team mein se kisi ki help le sakte hai. Tu Vishakha se baat kar sakta hai. Un dono ki bonding achi hai. Shyad usse Vishthanjana ka family background pata ho"

Chetnaya- "abhi team ko kuch nahi batayenge. Agar Vishthanajana se Arnav ke baarein kuch nahi pata chala to ek baar pphir sabki umeedein tut jayengi. Phle apan hi sab pata karte hai. Vishakha se mein baat karta hu".

After reaching at her flat, first thing Vishthanjana did was to open her laptop and searched "ARNAV MITRA". Google suggested different options. She found one photo of her dad. When she clicked on photo, she was shocked more with the caption, "ARNAV MITRA, CAPTAIN AND SUCCESSFUL BATTER OF INDIAN TEAM, ACCUSED FOR MATCH FIXING OF SEMIFINAL MATCH AGAINST AUSTRALIA. IS HE GUILTY?"

"Where is Arnav Mitra, former captain who was accused for match fixing and proven innocent? Click to know more."

"Once accused of match fixing, still successful cricketer for India."

She found some more web links related to her father. She clicked on Wikipedia link and directly jumped on career section. She found number of runs, hundreds, and fifties scored by her father, career as batsman, fielder and captain. She came to know about her father being a successful player in past and holding many records still in present. Her eyes caught one paragraph on the same Wikipedia page and shock was understatement. The paragraph was all about accusations of match fixing, inquiry and acquittal. She searched more and more about Arnav. She found many things about Arnav but not exact reason for leaving the ground.

Vishthanjana– "Dad was player. Not only player, he was captaining too. He is always dedicated towards his work. How someone like him can be accused for match fixing. Unki team ka kya reaction tha. Unke friends ne kya kiya tha. Kya dad isliye nahi chahte the ki mein Mumbai aakr BCCI ke sath kaam karu. Kya dad ne sirf isliye khelna chod diya kyuki unhe accuse kiya gaya tha. Par vo itne weak nahi hai ki yu haar maan le. Kuch to aisa hai jo mujhe nahi pata. Mom Dad se puchu? Kya vo mujhe btayenge?"