Chapter 5

A cold breeze hits Hinata as he leaves his house, shuddering at the temperature. He waves goodbye to Natsu, promising to buy her sweets before he goes to leave to meet up with his friends.

As he walks through the snowy road, he sends a quick text to his friends.

-----

I'm going to buy some coffee!!

Does anyone want anything??

Yamaguchi
Chai tea latte plsss

Yachi
Matcha latte ofc

Ew

Yachi
You are a disgrace

Tsukishima
You really want to spend your money
right now?

Hey it's cold and I'm tired

So you want anything or are you
just gonna be thirsty and cold the
whole day?

Tsukishima
Caramel macchiato...

Ok!!

Pay me later

Yachi
There's always a catch

Yamaguchi
sigh

-----

A laugh escapes Hinata's lips as he reads his friend's replies. He sends one last message before he puts his phone back in his pocket. His pace picks up as he begins to jog up the road.

Hinata reaches the cafe in no time, smiling at the sight of the familiar cafe in the distance. But he stops in his tracks when he sees a familiar dark-haired man standing in front of the entrance.

He was looking at the wallet in his hands, a frown on his lips as he takes out the coins that were left in his wallet. Damn it... He was really looking forward to some coffee this morning.

"Kageyama?"

The said man jumps at the voice, body tense as if he was caught cheating on the exams. Kageyama slowly turns his head and sees Hinata looking up at him with curious eyes. "Is something wrong? You look troubled." Hinata asks in concern.

Kageyama could only avert his eyes awkwardly, his cheeks tinted pink from embarrassment at the fact that he was caught trying to buy some coffee at the cafe. "Coffee..." He only mumbles, too embarrassed to say anything else.

Hinata blinks up at him in confusion before glancing at Kageyama's wallet, only a few coins lay in his palm while his wallet stayed empty.

He turns to Kageyama with a blank face. "Wait here." He says nothing else before he heads inside, leaving the confused Kageyama in the cold.

He wasn't sure whether to leave or not despite Hinata telling him to stay. He did not plan on talking to anyone right now, especially him. He just wants to buy coffee and go home before his sister could notice him gone.

Kageyama stood in the cold for a few minutes, not bothering to sit down on the bench as he still contemplated his decisions. He was unaware of the weird looks he was getting from the people passing by.

Sighing, Kageyama places his coins back in his wallet and puts his wallet back in his pocket. He turns to his right, about to take a step, ready to leave, until he hears the glass door open.

Kageyama freezes and watches as Hinata comes out with a paper bag and a coffee separately, his coffee. Hinata walks up to him, wordlessly handing him his coffee.