Chapter 04

DION

"Sooo... Are you staying?"

".... Obviously, if it's about Keira."

Dion shot a cold glare towards the tree which started levitating him using magic.

"Well technically she doesn't hate your eyes-"

"She's scared of them. Sometimes it felt like it wasn't me that she's looking at, eventhough I'm right there in front of her.."

Dion cut off the magical tree, with a voice that hints sadness.

"Alright then, let's watch it shall we?"

Dion gulped as soon as the world tree began showing him the original life of Kiera.
.
.
.

Keira Parvis, the daughter of the Parvis household. Sharing the hair and eyes colour with the late duchess from the Edinburgh house, she was the supposedly first born of Ludwig Parvis and the older sister of Zeke Parvis.

"What.. but she has my hair... and Medea's eyes..."

Dion almost sounded hurt as he mumbled those words.

The Parvis household, the family of water spirits, the house chosen by the goddess. The day the duke of Parvis was granted his tittle, a prophecy was foretold;

"In the near future, the continent will suffer a crisis, guardian of the empire, just remember thing one thing. No matter what happens you will only have one daughter who will be a saintess."

Dion watches unamused, the rest of the memories of that distant universe.

"I don't get it, he was blessed with such an amazing daughter yet he ignored her?"

Dion was started to get irritated. The world tree just hummed along while showing him more of the scenes of that universe.

"Please father... just once, turn and look at me just once."

Young Keira pleaded with tears in her eyes.

"Keira..."

Dion reached out his hand, but before it could touch the memory bubble a branch wrapped around his hand to stop it.

"Nu uh uh Dion, no touching."

Dion went quiet and settled back down.

.
.
.

"He grinned? I understand that it's a child of his ex lover, but he never acknowledge his perfect daughter who's been by his side right there!?"

Dion looked disgusted with Ludwig's actions. While the world tree just snickered by the interesting expressions Dion made throughout watching the memory bubble.

After a moment, he saw the part were Keira was falsely accused by the maids. And Ludwig wasn't even hearing her out and believed Cosette.

"I can't believe you, Keira Parvis. Do you hate the sight of Cosette's maid that much"

Ludwig questioned Keira with an indifferent attitude. Like he had already decided she's in the wrong.

"FATHER YOU MISUNDERSTOOD! THIS IS A MISUNDERSTANDING! THIS IS CLEARLY A SETUP..."

Before Keira could finish defending herself, the duke raised his hand...

SLAP

"He... HE SLAPPED HER- HE SLAPPED KEIRA! MY DAUGHTER-"

The world tree branches tried to hold him down but Dion broke free. The world tree emits it's calm aura out of desperation to hold Dion back down.

"You can't do anything Dion, that world had already came to an end."

"BUT KEIRA- My.. daughter..."

The world tree continue to hold Dion back as he watches the rest of Keira's fate.

.
.
.

"Keira Parvis, for the sin of deceiving the whole nation, you mist pay it with your life. Proceed with the execution."

With that declaration, Keira Parvis was executed eventhough actually, she was the real one.

"MMMMPPFFFFF!! MMMMPPFFFFF!!"

Dion went mad. The world tree tried to cover his mouth to hide his insane screams. Dion bit the branch and broke the ones that were binding him down.

"DION CALM DOWN!"

"KEIRA NO, KEIRA- NO PLEASE, STOP, NO PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T KILL HER PLEASE... I BEG YOU PLEASE!"

Just like the world tree said, nothing could be done. The original Keira's fate had already been decided. Her life had come to an end.

No matter how much Dion tried grabbing the memory bubble, it would not change anything. Keira was beheaded.

Dion fell down to his knees in front of the image of the dead Keira. He could not believe his eyes. 'His' daughter was lying there. Dead.

The world tree was shocked by the unexpected development. Dion knelt down while trying to grab the memory bubble again, with tears falling from his eyes.

His face was as emotionless as ever but the tears wouldn't stop coming down.

"Dion...?"

The world tree was calling out to him, but there was no response. He was just kneeling there.. silently.