Another Lost Peice

Bly’s POV

I stepped quickly and silently away from the sleeping merchants and their cart, I would lift their magic educed slumber when I knew I was far enough from them, not to say that any mere human could catch me even at their best. Pushing my way farther into the darkness I felt the cold, dewy moss on my feet as well as the warmth of the hooded cloak that swished silent as I walked keeping the frosty night air from my exposed skin. My mind took in my surroundings but my arms still tightly clutched the clothing that I had pilfered from the wealthy merchants; I knew that they would be sorely missed due to their lofty value and exquisite make although they where modest compared to the majority of their wares.

The mist swirled eerily through the forest slowly dancing through the frosty night air as my bare feet felt the cold water of the puddle ridden ground. I needed to find a place to sleep and also dress myself in the garments I carried with me now. Looking for a tall tree with branches I could reach I noticed the trees becoming more alive, compared to those in other areas, they reminded me of those in the evlen forests where their emotions were frequently read and cherished by all. I had a feeling as if I had been there before, although I had been so many places that they all seemed alike in some ways.

The moon shone down on me showing me that she still dressed herself in the same purple attire of plush clouds, her luminous face partially hidden behind those moody billows she smiled, guiding my footsteps. Strong I though, to sit in the same sky watching down on us not to leave us to go searching for someone to sit with her but to stay listening to our dreams, leaving her own to drift away with the passing stars. Strength was something my life demanded I had no other option; strength was a necessity never a choice, not one I could remember.

My deep blue eyes soon lay upon a great tree that’s emerald leaves seemed to dance amongst the stars and twinkle much like them, covered in droplets of rain and illuminated by the moons tender loving glow. Its branches starting rather high up formed a nest like shape and that I thought as smiled was exactly what I was looking for. I put down the clothing and then began to dress myself, as I pulled on the cream leggings I thanked the stars that I had not taken a dress, a dress would have only been a handicap especially of I would be spending my night in the trees.

I lifted my head skywards and jumped my eleven agility allowing me to reach a bottom branch of the ancient tree. With cat like reflexes I jumped from branch to branch the fluidity and grace with which I jumped made it all seem to natural which in reality it was. So when I reached the nest like structure I had sought out I flopped down with a happy smile. To be flying through the air with nothing but the next branch on my mind helped me to calm and clear my mind. Taking advantage of my mind finally at rest I curled up in the hallow of the tree and closed my eyes to invite in the night.

The light flashed. I was back again in my past but this, this was not the same memory I had seen for the last many years replay through my dreams but a new one, a new piece of the old me revealing itself to my eager present. I saw myself in the long grass sitting my face painted in a radiant smile as I threw my head back laughing looking happier than I had ever looked in memory. The warm sun beat on my face, yes I was staring to become myself in the memory, feel everything I did and was in the memory. I closed my eyes and felt the sun on my face and that’s when I heard his voice, His wonderful, soft, quiet, kind and questioning voice; “Bly?”

I opened my eyes and he was right there his eyes one brown one the same color as my own holding every fibber of my being captive in their gaze were close enough so that I could of counted all the shades that were his eyes. I found myself breathless as his eyes left mind and traced along the side of my face and then glided to my lips and rested there. His hand lifted and touched my cheek then sliding it along the side of my face I nuzzled his hand closing my eyes feeling the warmth and safety for the first time, the only time. Then he broke my thoughts of safety and broke it for a feeling of a fluttering heart as he pulled my face towards his. I closed my eyes feeling the anticipation rushing through my body and filling every part of my being. Then he stopped, I could feel his lips almost touching my own tingling, waiting lips and his breath slightly more heavy as well as the electricity that seemed to jump in-between our lips. I breathed out and waited for his lips to collide with my own but instead I felt his lips move and his beautiful voice once more; “Bly........”