ーdiscovering clues; 006☀︎

     The pogues were now driving since John B had come up with where they were going, "I mean it's obvious, right?" John B asked

     Pope had been staring at the compass dangling it in front of him. "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me right?" He asked while driving.

     JJ looked at Avery and mouthed. "What the fuck." Avery just shrugged before resting her head on his shoulder.

     "Yeah, It's possible" Kie agreed. "It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help.. you know, deal with your sad feels." Pope stumbled on the last part.

     "Pope-" Avery gave him a side-eye. While Kie turned and looked at him. Both the girls gave him a nasty look. "Bro, you know how I process my sad feels. Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies. That's how I do it." JJ explained.

     "What the hell is a sickiest of ickies?" Avery asked earning a shrug from Pope.

     "I'm not- I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message." John B defended himself. "If it helps you believe, John B." Kie nodded.

     "Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? I'm not trippin out" He dismissed her. "It's okay to trip bro, but-" JJ started to speak before being cut off.

     "Look my-- my dad is missing, okay? Missing." His tone was more aggressive. There was silence for a while. "You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish." John B broke the silence. "Then have no idea what happened, just wake up every morning wondering." He described Avery's past. "No idea..." She mumbled.

     Her joking face fell and she went silent. She knew exactly what it was like. Her mother had been gone. "It's been almost a year," Kiara told John B.

     "Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility." JJ suggested. "Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere," Pope added. "Absolutely Uh.. or-" JJ was going to add.

     "How is any of that helpful?" Avery asked annoyed by the two. "You have a point..." Pope sighed.

     "Look, what do you think the message is?" Kiara asked John B. "Redfield." He said as they drove past the sign reading Redfield Lighthouse.