Week 5: Sports Day

Start from the beginning

Now, Ayato was fast, but not as fast as this student, who soon managed to get ahead of him.

The unknown student crossed the finish line, Ayato crossing it seconds after, both were breathing heavily.

Ayato slowly walked back to his group, his breathing having evened out.

"You did great, Ayato!" Osano said with a grin.

"Thank y-"

"Hey!"

Ayato looked to the source of the voice behind him, spotting a student with blonde hair running over to him.

"Hello." Ayato spoke, taking in the students features.

He had light blue eyes and tanned skin, black and orange goggles adorning his short, fluffy hair.

He also noticed the red band on his arm, he was a club leader.

"You were awesome out there, man! Most people struggle to even keep up with me, let alone actually push me to run faster!" He grinned, holding his hand out for Ayato to shake.

"The names Aso Rito, it's nice to meet you!" He smiled, Ayato shook his hand.

"Ayato Aishi, it's nice to meet you too." He smiled back.

"Well, Ayato Aishi, you're exactly the type of person that I'm looking for!" He said excitedly.

Ayato tilted his head in confusion.

"A sports partner! Someone who can actually keep up with me!" He explained.

"Ah, well- I'm already..." Ayato's words were cut off when the speakers spoke again.

"Can the Sports Club and the Drama Club please head to the lanes for the Relay Race, thank you."

Ayato heard Kizano groan behind him.

"Oh... well- It's nice to meet you! Please consider my offer!" Aso said, beginning to run to the rest of his group for the race.

"Good luck, Kizano." Ayato whispered when Kizano passed him, Kizano smiled gently in thanks before walking off to the lanes.

Ayato sat back down with a groan.

"He does know that you're already in a club, right?" Amao smiled, moving to sit next to him.

"I'll tell him later." Ayato said, rubbing his face.

Amao just nodded, moving his head to look back at the race.

Ayato searched for his bag under the bleachers, unzipping it once he found it and pulling his phone out.

He had gotten a message from Info-Kun.

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Name: Aso Rito.

Personality: Heroic.

Club: Sports Club Leader.

Class: 2-2.

Strength: Very Strong.

Extra Information: A very strong and dedicated student who aspires to have someone who can match his love for sports.

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Ayato sighed, he guessed he wouldn't be able to get close to Aso without being his Sports Partner, at least not as effectively.

Although, it would help him stay away from Taeko.

He put his phone back in his bag, zipping it up and putting it back where it was.

"Is everything okay, Ayato?" Oko asked, concerned.

Ayato just smiled and nodded.

"Yes, everything is fine, Oko." He stared at him warmly.

Oko smiled back shakily, turning his head back to the grass beneath him as he pulled random clumps of it out.

Ayato looked back at the race, staring at Kizano breathing heavily as he ran, obviously not enjoying himself and he couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

He knows that getting attached to his rivals will only end badly, but he guesses it's okay for now, right?
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Ayato walked out of his class, thinking over his answer to the offer that Aso Rito made as he walked down the hallway, hoping to catch the blonde as he walked out of his own class.

Sure enough, he spotted the familiar head of blonde hair exiting the classroom and Ayato rushed to catch up with him.

"Aso!" He called out, drawing a few glances his way along with Aso, who stared at him with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Ayato! Have you thought about my offer?" Aso asked once the two came face to face.

Ayato nodded, feeling slightly bad at Aso's hope-filled eyes.

"I was thinking whether these Sport's Activities could be before class? Any other time clashes with my Club's Activities." He spoke and he saw Aso visibly deflate as he thought over the proposition.

"Hmmm.... I don't see why not, sorry, I didn't know you were already in a club!" Aso smiled as he rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed.

Ayato just smiled as he spoke,

"Thank you, when do we start?" Ayato asked.

"We can start tomorrow if that works for you!" Aso grinned and Ayato nodded.

"That works for me!" He smiled.

"Awesome! I'll see you later" Aso smiled as he began walking away, waving goodbye.

"See you later." Ayato said, grinning widely.

*Author's Note: Sorry this chapter is so short, the next chapter will be much longer! I just wanted to get a chapter out. Until Next Time! <3*