What should I do?

I glance to the bed, and then to Delia. She's sad she can't be with me and that I'm not taking proper care of myself. That's all.

I pull Delia into a hug, and glance through our window towards Beatrix' dark mansion, wondering if this was the reason Beatrix set my schedule up to have all the work in the first month.

At this point, I can't tell if it was a lesson for me, or for Delia.

"It'll be okay, Delia. Once the next week is over, we will be able to enjoy our time together, okay?"

Just another week.

...

Just another week.

--*--

I end up staying awake until Delia calms down enough to sleep, then slip out of the room to fetch a servant, and tell them to ensure everyone that tomorrow will proceed as planned, before finally falling asleep next to Delia, in a sleep ridden with nightmares.

Until, for once Delia is awake before me and wakes me up.

"Clovis," she calls me cheerfully.

With a tray full of heavy breakfast, and a cute pink apron.

"I made breakfast, so we could enjoy a bit of time together before you have to go."

"Thank you... Delia."

I sit up, feeling groggy as I look at the clock. There's an hour until I usually leave to have breakfast.

I end up eating slower than I think though, so perhaps it's fine Delia set off extra time.

She keeps talking about what she's learning in the library, and how Syrel is helping her study.

I praise her, while I quietly wonder why she's still so close to him after what happened.

Was I always like this?

"Are you jealous?"

I look at Delia, who is looking at me with intense curiosity.

"Of who?"

"Syrel."

Jealous? Is it jealousy? To wonder if you'll run to him and let him hold you again?... I guess?

I end up frowning at the thought, but Delia smiles.

"It really is just friendship. He keeps me company when you're busy. He was really just trying to soothe me that one time, and show me that the only one I actually love is you..."

Her cheeks flush a bit red.

"And I decided I won't run away anymore. I won't let my worries get between us."

She looks determined.

I force a smile.

Why are you so happy at my misery? That I'm worrying if you'll fall into his arms.