Delicious! (Rengoku Kyojuro x F!reader)

Owning a small restaurant in the city by herself wasn't an easy task. Not only did (Name) have to take care of the bills, make sure the ingredients were of the highest quality, and prepare the dishes, but she also had to plan the menu and attend to the customers herself. After all, money was tight, and she couldn't hire anyone to help her.

The sound of the door opening interrupted her thoughts. She smiled at the customer, as she always did. Since the restaurant was empty due to how late it was, she allowed him to sit whenever he preferred. (Name) sightly leaned to put the menu in front of him, taking a moment to observe the male. Her gaze first went to his features. Blonde hair with red ends. Golden eyes. A kind, enthusiastic gaze. Then she gazed at his uniform. A white cape with flame patterns rested on his shoulders. There was no doubt; he had to be Rengoku Kyojuro. The Flame Hashira was in her restaurant. A nervous feeling invaded her. What if her food wasn't good enough? It's not like she owned a popular establishment, after all.

"I want everything on the menu!" Rengoku said, smiling approvingly at the dishes she offered. His usual smile still decorated his features as he returned the menu to her.

"Of course, I'll start preparing them." It seemed like too much food to eat alone. Still, it wasn't her job to judge people. And plus, even if the fear of her food not being worthy still lingered in her mind, she was happy that someone wanted to try all of the dishes she had to offer. No one before had ordered or even tried her whole menu.

After a while, she came back with what he ordered. It took her several trips to the kitchen to get all the dishes on his table, but soon enough, a display of traditional Japanese dishes was placed in front of Rengoku. He felt his mouth water at the pleasant smell, wanting to dig in as soon as possible. (Name) put a pair of wooden chopsticks on the side of his plate before smiling at him again.

"I hope you enjoy your meal." She added, before leaving to prepare the ingredients for the next day. It was already late, and she had to make sure everything was ready for tomorrow. (Name) was making the sauces, fully focused on her work, when she heard Rengoku's voice in the distance. Another customer must have come in. She cleaned her hands, drying them with a cloth as she got back to the dining area.

"Umai!" She could hear it in the distance, the voice getting clearer and louder as she got closer.

"Umai!" (Name) stopped when she noticed it was Rengoku enjoying the food. He talked alone with a smile on his face as he kept eating his food. He was almost finished already; most of his dishes were empty. (Name) giggled at the view, happy that someone enjoyed her food so much.

"Would you like something more to eat?"

At his affirmative and enthusiastic nod, (Name) made more food for him. She found him adorable, and she even secretly hoped that she could feed him again in the future.

--------------------------

Since then, Rengoku has become a regular at (Name)'s restaurant. He always came to visit her after his missions and to enjoy her food. Thanks to Rengoku, her restaurant became more popular. People were curious about the Flame Hashira's constant visits to that establishment. The sudden increase in customers had even allowed her to hire a waiter. To return the favor, (Name) started making bentos for Rengoku in her free time, making sure to pack extra for him.

It had become a habit for them to talk about his missions when he came to eat, and their relationship had grown stronger. (Name) listened with curiosity and amazement to how the life of a Hashira was, although she felt worried about Rengoku and his safety. The life of a Hashira was full of danger, they could lose their life at any moment. Her hands held the cup of tea as she tapped her nails into the ceramic material.

"How about I make a bento for the other Hashiras too?" (Name) proposed, hoping she could help somehow. "It's not much, but you all work so hard for all of us."

"That is an amazing idea, (Name)! I'm sure they would love it!" Rengoku said as he reached out to hold her hands on his calloused ones. "Such soft hands," he thought to himself as his thumb caressed the back of her palm. They remained like that for a long time, not caring about anything else but each other.

"I will give them to you when you come back from your mission." (Name) said, as she enjoyed his touch. Her (e/c) focused on his golden ones, getting lost in them. Rengoku was the kindest person she ever met, and of course, she got romantically interested in him fairly quickly.

After all the time they passed together, the Flame Hashira ended up falling head over heels for her too. The way she acted, her beautiful features, how her (e/c) eyes closed when she smiled, and how her (h/c) locks framed her delicate face There wasn't a single thing Rengoku didn't like about (Name). He loved everything about her.

Without thinking, Rengoku leaned in, cutting the distance between them. He didn't care that the restaurant was full at the moment as he pressed his lips against her soft ones. (Name) let out a soft noise of surprise, but she quickly kissed him back. Her hands wrapped around his neck as her fingers touched the nape of his neck.

"(Name)," Rengoku whispered in the kiss as he finally pulled away. His soft gaze admired her. "You taste delicious."