•1•

"I don't know if I want to see him this summer." Rose was sitting on her kitchen counter as Susannah prepared flowers for a vase, cutting the stem gently.

"You're doing better Rosie, if it's something you want to pursue go for it." Susannah spoke calmly as she held her daughter's cheek smiling.

A car beeped outside as Susannah gasped excitedly, rushing out to see her best friend.
"Come on, your girlfriend is here!" Rose teased Conrad as she pulled him up and off the couch.

"Rose!" Belly screamed as Rose yelled her friend's name back, both crashing into each other for a hug.

"Not as dramatic of a hug for me I guess."
Steven joked as he leaned down to hug Rosie. "You haven't gotten any blonder have you?" he teased as she pushed his arm.

Susannah and Laurel smiled at seeing their kids reunited for summer, just as Conrad came from the house. Even though he was in a few day old clothes and unwashed hair, Belly stared at him like she always did.

"Alright! Let's go inside and get some food in you kids." Susannah clapped her hands together as Laurel instructed the boys to grab the groceries, allowing Belly and Rose to skip inside. "Our girls look gorgeous." Laurel admired them when Susannah said it, they'd both blossomed this summer.

"Yeah and Belly finally got boobs." Rose snorted as Laurel couldn't help but laugh.

Belly pushed her friend's arm as the boys came in with the groceries. "Unpacking and unpacking?" Belly suggested before the girls bounded up the stairs to their room.

"So any boys this school year you haven't frantically texted me about?" Rose asked as she folded clothes into her set of drawers.

"No!" Belly flopped back onto her bed as a smile crept onto her face. "There was one guy on the volleyball team actually, his name was Liam." she smiled at the thought, but not as much as she smiled over Conrad.

Rose smirked. "Did you fuck him?" she asked as Belly looked utterly shocked.

"No! I didn't, ew!" Belly gagged as Rose laughed her ass off before folding up her underwear. "Is that a thong?"

"Yeah it is." Rose held it up to show before folding it down. "Laurel doesn't let you wear them?"

Belly laughed at the thought. "She would rather I get a tongue piercing. Thongs are like butthole floss anyways."

"Ew!" Rose gagged this time as she kept putting clothes away. "I bought them for uh when I was dating Noah, but that's not going so well at the moment."

"Wait you had sex?" Belly shot up from on her back as Rose turned around and laughed at her surprise. "Do your brothers know?" she knew Steven would probably throwup at the thought of her.

Rose looked out her door to make sure nobody was around. "Jeremiah knows because he found a condom under my bed." she mumbled as Belly's jaw dropped open.

"Why was he under your bed anyways?" Belly questioned immediately. "Wait, was it used?" she got grossed out as Rose put a hand over her mouth.

"No! In the package!" Rose defended herself harshly. "Jere was looking for his socks."

Belly looked down at her bed. "Did he say anything?" she liked to ask Rose about things, she always seemed older and more experienced even though they were the same age.

"He just passed it to me and left my room, we never talked about it again." Rose explained as Belly had a fit of laughter.

"So what did happen with Noah?" Belly gently asked as she'd wanted to for a while now. Belly had met Noah at Christmas and he seemed nice enough, even talked to Belly a bit about school.

Rose sighed. "I was going through some things and broke up with him because he wanted me to get better." she was protective over her feelings. "He wants to talk he told me, he's coming to his beach house this summer too so."

"Maybe you guys can reconnect!" Belly was enthusiastic as she loved love, especially because hers was so complicated.

A while later everyone was called down for dinner, ready to indulge in the feast prepared by Susannah. "Mom this looks really good, thanks." Jeremiah said as everyone followed suit.

"Steven put your phone down." Laurel finally snapped after a few minutes of him and Jeremiah laughing at something on it.

"Screen basket." Belly teased as Conrad smirked at that. A few minutes of odd chatter went on, about everything they had to catch up on.

Rose swallowed some food before deciding to speak. "Con when do you leave for camp? I wanted to checkout that new store with you, the vintage one." she told her brother who looked down at his plate.

"He quit football." Jeremiah confessed as Rose wished she'd shut up sometimes.

"I'm sorry." Rose leaned over and mumbled the apology as Conrad looked up.

Everyone who didn't know was surprised, he loved football. "You didn't know." he replied to his sister who still felt guilty.

"He can still go back." Susannah smiled lightly as she continued to eat weakly.

"What are you gonna do all summer?" Laurel decided to start up a new conversation with him, always having an understanding with Conrad.

He cleared his throat to make time to think of an answer. "You can work at the club with me and Jere!" Steven suggested very excitedly, bumping fists with Jeremiah.

"I'm not working at the club." Conrad was defensive as Steven's excitement lowered.

"Wait you guys are working?" Belly asked as the boys nodded, she thought about how to stay entertained all summer.

Susannah suddenly got up from her seat, handing two envelopes to the girls. "I got these for you from the club today." she smiled as Laurel sighed.

"For the deb ball?" Rose laughed as she put her invitation back on the table. "They won't let me in Mom, sorry." she joked as Conrad shot her an angry look.

"Come on, yes they will!" Susannah replied with a smile. "You and Belly can do it together, like sisters!"

Conrad and Laurel were very outspoken about the deb scene, neither being fans of it. "I'll think about it." Rose offered instead as she put her invitation on a table behind.

"Good! You both look so pretty in white!" Susannah smiled excitedly as Rose nodded.

"Anybody feed Riggs?" Rose asked before calling him into the room, feeding the german shepherd off her plate.

Conrad shook his head at how much his sister loved their dog. "You know your relationship with that dog cannot be healthy." Steven commented as Jeremiah agreed, his sister was Riggs' favourite.

"He loves me, I love him. We have an understanding." Rose replied as she put her cleared plate back onto the table.

•••••
Rose's Outfit:

•••••Rose's Outfit: