chapter 2

A/N: The pictures of Muzan's outfits will be in the end of the chapter.

Muzan lay still as the man walked up and kissed his forehead, watching him leave. He'd been expecting the man to go off on his next mission soon. But what caught his attention was the letter. With his eyes closed, he picked up the letter and began to read it by feel alone. His interest was piqued, and he felt he should continue to read. He didn't want to wake up or get distracted before he could finish.

An hour goes by and he decided to wake up. He grabbed the letter slowly and opened it. The letter said: "Muzan-san, forgive me if I am not by your side, as I had to leave for work, please meet me tomorrow evening by the cherry blossom tree, sincerly, Tsugikuni Michikatsu." Muzan blushed a little and smiled. 'Alright,' he thought before laying the letter on the table nearby. He should wait for his uncles to come, so that he can explain what he is going to do.

Muzan woke up and immediately picked up the letter. A small blush spread across his cheeks as he read the words "sincerely, Tsugikuni Michikatsu." He smiled at the man's signature and the words he'd written. He had a feeling this letter would play a big role in his future, and he had no idea what to expect.

Michikatsu. It still sounded somewhat foreign to him, but he was beginning to like it. The name was quite pleasing. He felt his heart beat a little faster, is this what his uncles felt when they were with each other? He supposed that that is true, it still felt foreign to him, as he has never felt love, not romantically, anyway. When he met Michikatsu, he couldn't sense any malicious intent, so why shouldn't he go?

Muzan couldn't explain the feeling he felt when he read the letter, but he knew that he wanted to see Michikatsu again. "Tomorrow night. Cherry blossom tree," he said to himself. The word 'love' had never crossed his mind, but he was still curious to look into what made him feel the way he did. A light smile spread across his lips. Perhaps this feeling of attraction could be love.

He then saw his uncles, Ubuyashiki Kagaya and Aíma Vrykólakas, they sat next to his bed. "Uncle, I have some news," Muzan said to Kagaya with a mix of excitement and seriousness. Muzan watched as his uncles entered and sat beside him. It was now the time he'd been waiting for. He slowly sat up and turned to his uncles, clearing his throat. "Uncle, I... um..." He couldn't help but blush slightly as he spoke. "There's someone I've met," he started simply, hoping that they wouldn't disapprove of his revelation.

"Oh? Who?" Kagaya asked with a vein on his head, he didn't want his precious nephew to get heartbroken by some random person! "His name is Tsugikuni Michikatsu," Muzan answered. His uncle's response had made him more nervous than ever, now beginning to second-guess his decision. Perhaps he was making a mistake? But, he knew that his feelings for Michikatsu were true. He couldn't deny that he wanted the beautiful man as his own. 

Vrykólakas stared at Kagaya before lightly bonking him on his head. "Kagaya, let the kid do his thing, he's old enough and mature enough," he said to his husband. Vrykólakas pat his head. "Do what makes you happy, I'll knock more sense into Kagaya," he glared at Kagaya, who huffed. "I just don't want this guy to break my nephew's heart, Vrykólakas," he sighs.

Muzan's smile grew as he heard Vrykólakas say that he'd knock some sense into his other uncle. "Thank you, uncle. I'm sure Michikatsu would never break my heart; he's quite the gentleman." He looked over to the uncle that was still sitting beside him. He wasn't sure what Kagaya was going to say to that. Kagaya raised an eyebrow. "Really? How come?" the straight haired man asked the younger one with curiousity.

"He's been very kind to me. We've only known each other for a short while, but he's always been really nice..." Muzan let out a small sigh as he thought about Michikatsu again."I just have a feeling that he'd never hurt me," he replied, looking back at Kagaya. He could see the curiosity and a hint of skepticism on the man's face, but he didn't let it bother him.