The balance was light and heavy at the same time but Yok was proud of one thing : if this should inevitably happen, in streets, in really dangerous places, she preferred to build rooms where no one would lose their life. She preferred to keep an eye on it than just closing them, even if it would be easier, like every coming or passing by. She preferred to give them  a house than let them be even more targeted by despair. There was a debate, some people thought that it was to hide the identity of clients, but the trust was that she herself worked like this when she was young, it was one of the paths for the extra poor and she felt every second of her life the weight of death. She never thought to live this old. She wanted to just free everyone, but either way, they would just find another place to do it, and she couldn’t stand more suffering. She couldn’t let this go, and black or white were mixed in grey, colors fading away, but this one helped to not increase their awful destiny. 

“P’Kim, I want you to stay here today.”

“In the room?” Kim asked, surprised, Star still in his chest. It looked like his favorite one. 

“Yes. With Star.” Porchay said, caressing the cat’s head. “I will explain to you how it works…after okay? But for now, let’s just go take breakfast.” 

Kim nodded, appreciating to not be left aside. If Porchay said that he would tell him after, he would. He believed each word, each little sentence that was big in his head, prisonning the meaning in it as if it was the most precious thing Kim had in the world.

They opened the private parts of the restaurant, where some boys and girls were already eating. Yok immediately came to Porchay, caressing his cheek, she did the same to Kim who furrowed his eyebrow and looked at that hand as if it was the most horrible thing in the world. But he didn’t move, like Porchay did, he didn’t. 

“You’re indeed, to be protected, boy.” Yok giggled, moving her hand. “Sorry for this but if my Chay appreciates you, I appreciate you too.” She stated, Kim just nodded. “Just eat okay? And call me if you need anything.” 

She walked away, letting them in front of unknown people who looked suspiciously at them. It was always like this and Porchay understood. It was a sensitive place at peace and no one wanted troubles to knock at their doors.

“Come sit.” Porchay said to Kim who did it, close to him, Star’s head out of the shirt. 

“A cat!” A girl said, excited. She was a child, she wouldn’t be working here, Yok wouldn’t allow that. She would want to not allow anything in fact.    

“Yes…” Porchay smiled at her. “I am Porchay, and this is Kim.” He added, looking at everyone at the table to include them in those words. 

“Chay? Porsche’s brother?” A woman stood up, coming behind the little girl. 

“Yes. Clea? Is…that you?" 

Porchay was too stunned to speak. The young woman he had known some years ago had a child, and he was pretty sure that it wasn’t a wanted one, or at least she wasn’t wanted with that man. But looking at the way she was hugging the little girl, Porchay could understand that it didn’t stop her from loving her daughter. There was always choices to made, heart choices. Sometimes it was  pure emotions or pure logical, sometimes they had no other ways, but he knew that here she had, keeping her or the ophanage, hoping a richer family would be able to take her under their care, even if it was an utopia. Clea apparently chose the first option, keeping her, and added another one : loving her unconditionally.