3: CRYSTAL CLEAR

When Kita arrives at the palace, Alexis is in the training yard. He appears to be sparring with somebody Kita vaguely recognizes, and there are a few other people in the room doing the same thing. Kita doesn't want to get in anyone's way, so he just goes and takes a seat on a bench on the far side of the room, leaned against the wall.

It doesn't take Alexis much longer to finish training, something Kita is thankful for. He hates it when Alexis sends for him and then makes him wait. Luckily, Kita is only there a couple minutes before everyone is finishing up and leaving. Alexis rinses off in the showers, which takes another couple minutes, and then he's coming back out to retrieve Kita.

Kita stands up as Alexis approaches. Once the guy is right in front of him, he gives Kita a once over. Expression turning to one of disapproval, the way he greets Kita is;

"Why are you wearing that?"

Kita just blinks at him, before looking down at his attire. That's right, he's still in his pajamas. He didn't feel the need to change, due to being at the house all day.

"Didn't think I'd be going anywhere," Kita responds simply. Alexis frowns, probably concerned about the weather. It is pretty cold out, so Kita can understand. He just didn't really think about changing before he left. He doesn't like to keep Alexis waiting.

This is because he never knows the reason for his summoning. It could be anything from Alexis getting critically injured in his line of work to the prince just simply being bored. Kita doesn't want to risk anything.

He's pretty sure this time Alexis was just bored, though.

"You'll get sick." Alexis states, already beginning to take off his coat. Kita rolls his eyes, looking away when Alexis drapes the piece of clothing over his shoulders. It stays on easily, due to being far too big for him.

"Okay," Kita says, keeping his eyes averted. "Why did you need me?"

Alexis shrugs. His answer is as predicted. "Bored."

Usually when they hang out, they stay at the castle. There are a lot of things to do here. They can hang out in the garden, the library, go on walks, swim, among other things. In town they can walk around at the markets, Kita always liked the variety of the different stalls. They can also go to the theater as well, though they don't go out in public that much. Alexis doesn't appreciate the staring.

Kita glances back up, and this time when he makes eye contact, he notices something. His eyebrows pinch together, and he reaches up, taking hold of Alexis' jaw. He leans up a bit, examining the prince's face. It doesn't take him long to solidify the fact that his imagination was not playing tricks on him.

Alexis hasn't been sleeping.

"Alexis," Kita says, tone dropping to one more of disapproval. He lets go of Alexis' face and leans away, vaguely noticing how tense the guy suddenly is. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

Alexis always looks quite presentable, and his skin is already pretty dark—much darker than Kita's own. Still, Kita can tell when something's off. Alexis has the slightest hint of dark circles around his eyes, so faint most people wouldn't notice. Unluckily for him, Kita isn't most people.

Alexis automatically starts to look closed off. Yeah, he doesn't like being scolded, which is absolutely about to happen. Kita is generally pretty easygoing, doesn't care about much and doesn't let things get to him. However, he doesn't mess around when it comes to the health of his best friend.

This is due to the fact that he cares very much about the guy. However, it also has to do with his job. Alexis kills things with almost every biological advantage over him for a living. Sure, he's big and strong and exceptional at what he does. He hasn't lost yet.