Chapter 39 - Blessing

En başından başla

"Bakit ngayon ka lang? Saan ka nagtago?"

Bigla naman sumeryoso ang mukha nya at sumandal sa bangko.

"Sa Camp Sawi,"- he chuckled and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. I left because I needed to. Did you miss me?"

Nag iwas ako ng tingin dahil totoo naman na miss ko sya. Pero hindi ko pa din maiwasan na hindi mainis dahil bumalik sya na parang wala lang.

"Alam mo bang nagkagulo sila nung umalis ka? At talagang iniwan mo pa si Addison——"- tumikhim ako at kumuyom nalang ang kamao.

"I left her, I know. We just look perfectly matched, but her missing piece cannot be found in me."

"Kuya.."

"Rein has loved you since we were kids."- he said, smiling. "You're always in the picture, Juztine. It's always you in the beginning because I noticed that she's always asking for you, about your favorites or what kind of person you are. But I chose to ignore it because maybe she's longing for a little sister, and I'm secretly hoping that maybe I stood a chance with her since I'm her best friend. She met me first before you, and I thought saving her would make me her prince charming. But then I realized life is not some kind of fairytale."

He chuckled and clasped both of his hands in front of him.

"I pursued her, and her saying yes to me is one of the best memories I have in mind. I know she said yes out of pressure from her grandfather, but still I did my best to take care of her. She deserves to be loved, and I'm glad that she let me express my feelings for her. She tried loving me back. I felt it because she's also exerting an effort in our relationship. Everything went on just like what I'm expecting it to be."

"When you left to study abroad, that's when I noticed the changes in her behavior. She's always quiet and has her own world, and sometimes I hear her say that it's her fault that your friendship fell apart. Akala ko tuluyan na syang na in love sa akin nuong pumayag na syang magpakasal, but the night before the engagement happened, she called me, so I went to her feeling excited, but it disappeared when she told me that she couldn't do it and that she's tired of pretending. I was hurt so deeply, but I tried to understand every word she was telling me, and it brought the both of us to one decision, which is to let go of each other."

He heaved a sigh as I just stayed quiet and processed everything he was telling me now.

"I'm mad and I felt used, but then I realized I'm at fault too for pushing myself toward someone who's in love with someone else."- he said, almost whispering.

"What's was on your mind when you decided to run away? I was shocked and mad at the same time too because I thought you guys were just playing with my emotions."- I said bitterly.

He smiled and tapped my feet.

"I left because I was hurting. That's the only thing I have in mind to escape, forget, and heal. I had the chance to be selfish that night, but I loved the both of you so damn much that I chose to just step back and give way in the name of love. Masakit bumitaw kasi akala meron na akong pinanghahawakan pero wala pala. Sayo at sayo pa din nya pipiliin umuwi kahit hindi masyadong maganda ang pinagsamahan nyong dalawa."

"Ang unfair sa part mo Kuya. Sana pala hindi nalang ako pinanganak para wala kang karibal."

"Don't say that. I'm happy to have a sister. And I'm happy that she ended up with you because I know that you'll take care of her. Hindi mo man sabihin pero alam ko na gustong gusto mo din sya kahit nuon pa."

"I'm sorry..." - was all I could say because I felt like I still betrayed him.

"Hmm, enough with the past because I don't want to recall how broken I was during those times of being away from home. Now tell me why you were running that night. Saan ka pupunta?"