The Young Exorcist's Older Brother (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"But. . .can't you just float up there?" You asked, knowing all the times that Hanako floats around, getting something up high should be nothing to him.

Hanako was quiet for a moment, standing still. You looked at him expectantly.

"Onward!" Hanako shouted, once again grabbing a hold of your wrist and dragging you inside, completely avoiding your question. You sighed, letting Hanako drag you around, knowing your questions wouldn't be answered. It won't be that bad, right?

"Hanako! This is NOT a good idea!!" You shouted, gritting your teeth from the struggle of keeping Hanako from falling to his doom. When Hanako said he needed your help, Apparently he meant you needed to be his personal claw machine. From the top floor window, Hanako was hanging out of it while you held onto his ankles, preventing his fall.

"Keep going, a little to the right!" Hanako instructed, a big grin on his face. You tried to follow his instruction to the best of your abilities, struggling but able to swing to his body slightly to the right. Could he control his mass? You didn't remember him being this heavy!

"A little lower!" Hanako then said. You tried your best, lowering Hanako down the building while still keeping a firm hold of him. You grunted, your hand slipping and your body bending over the windowsill a little. Your eyes widened, attempting to get grip back and keeping your feet planted on the floor.

But to no avail, your hand slipped, and Hanako fell from your hands. Hanako yelped as he began to fall, and all you did was watch in horror. You gave one last effort to catch him, reaching your hand out and leaning over the window as far as you could.

It was no use. Hanako fell.

Instantly, you moved away from the window, turning around and running, tripping over your feet while skipping steps down the staircase. The front door was left open and you sped out of it, finally reaching the outside. You were met with Hanako laying on the floor, motionless. Your eyes widened, and a pit dug itself deep in your stomach. "Hanako!" You called out, sprinting towards him. Kneeling over Hanako's still body, you shook his shoulders harshly.

"Hanako! Wake up! Hanako!" You shouted desperately. Then, suddenly, Hanako sat right up, making you jolt back.

"Wow that was scary! I thought I was gonna die!" Hanako shouted, turning his head to face you.

You then realized something, remembered something, something very important. Very, very important. . .

"You're. . .already dead. . . ." You mumbled quietly, the thought dawning on you. Hanako paused for a moment. ". . .Oh yeah. . .that's right." He said, shrugging his shoulders and bringing his hand under his chin. "Forgot about that. . ."

And now it was quiet, both you and Hanako looked at each other. The staring contest ended once Hanako started to crack a smile, you doing the same shortly after. And soon, the once small-lasting silence was filled with nothing but innocent laughter. You couldn't believe that you forgot something so evident!

Once the laughing was reduced to a small chuckle, you asked Hanako something. "What was the thing stuck up there anyways?" Hanako was quick to answer you, digging through his pocket and pulling out a small object. "This!" He said with pride, palm pointed upward.

"When did Kou lose his earring?" You asked, surprised to see the earring separated from Kou's ear. Hanako smiled. "The Mokke stole it." He answered simply.

"I thought we changed the rumor though. . ." You said, standing up and dusting the dirt from your pants.

"We did. Guess they can't stop the stealing," Hanako said, putting the dangly object back in his pocket, standing up along with you.