Heartaches and heartbreaks

Start from the beginning

For a while, I just scroll through her pictures, landing on one that makes me smile.

I laugh at the photo before scrolling some more. I hear Saraya come out of the bathroom, so close my phone down.

My jaw almost hits the floor.

"Wow... baby.. I.. " She walks over, kissing me, my mouth still hanging open.

"You think this is good. Wait until you see what's underneath." She winks at me walking away. Holy shit. I'm so lucky.

We arrive at our engagement party, and everyone rushes over to us to congratulate us. I look over rand see Saraya showing off her ring to a group of girls I've never met.

My best friend walked to me drinks in hand.

"To the end of your life as we know it y/n!" Mike clicks our glasses together.
I shake my head, taking the shot.

"Y/N," I hear Saraya, and she's calling me over, waking her hand. "Excuse me." I walk towards my adoring fiancé.

She draped her arm over my shoulders.

"Y/n these are friends from university, this is jess, Alice, CJ, Niamh and.." My heart stops. Florence.

"Florence." Our eyes catch one another, my jaw clenched. I smile at them, clearing my throat.

"Excuse me, ladies." I walk to the bathroom to try and regulate my breathing.

"Y/n?" I whip my head around to see Saraya.

"Everything ok?" I nod. "Yeah, sorry, got lightheaded."  I lie not wanting to ruin the evening.

"Ok, well, come out when you're ready." She wraps me in her arms, kissing me softly.

Splashing water over my face before running my fingers through my hair eyes closed. I hear the door go again.

"Babe, I told you I'll.. " I opened my eyes to see Florence stood there.

"Hi." She stares at me through the mirror.

"Hey." I turn.

"I didn't know or even realise, I haven't seen Saraya in years. I was invited by one of the girls, and..... you know what... it's good to see you y/n."

I look her up and down. "You cut your hair." Flo rubs her head. "Oh yeah, wanted something new. Fresh start and all that."

I walk closer to her. "It suits you, you erm... you look beautiful."