Ignoring the small sinking feeling in my gut, I head to the bus stop, walking quicker than I was before.

Why does everything to do with Sophia's presence always feel so familiar to me?

*:・゚✧*:・゚

I thank the bus driver as I get off, hearing a small 'no problem' before he drives away. I managed to get most of my English homework complete, but that still isn't a lot.

My house slowly starts to get bigger in the distance. It's just past 5 so Mom isn't home yet. This neighbourhood isn't the worst thing; there's a few kids here and there, but they're not too loud or annoying. Most of the people also seem to be kind, from what I've seen anyway.

It also seems to be a popular place to walk by since it's near a few shops, and is also a shortcut to get to the nearest bus stop and the mall. I always see people from school walking by.

The first thing that approaches me when I open the door is Rosalie. It's like she sensed my presence since I see her run to me, lightly bouncing on her feet. "How was the... wait, what's it called again?"

"Interview," I tell her, and she nods enthusiastically.

"Interview! How was interview?" Her smile is the cutest thing this world has to offer. Her constant questions usually frustrate me, but it's nice to know that I'm not despised by everyone in my family.

"It was good. I got the job." She wraps her arms around my waist, pulling me into a tight hug. I pat her back awkwardly, hoping she gets off before she starts to suffocate me.

Looking up at me, she says, "That's good! Will you bring me to buy food more?"

Scoffing, I feign an offended look. "Is that the only reason you wanted me to get a job? So I could spend my money on you?"

"Maybe."

I chuckle at her tone, taking her hands off of me. "Go do your homework," I order and she nods, running up the stairs.

I also step up the stairs, noticing the loud music blaring from Genevieve's room. She always does that. Unlike me, she listens to music with her speaker, not headphones.

After taking off my shoes, I sit on my desk chair, spinning around in it for a few seconds before laying my school books on the table. It's not like I was given much homework; I only have the rest of English, algebra and history to complete. The rest of the teachers decided to be lenient since it's the first week back, but promised to get back into the proper routine next week.

Music blasts in my ears as I write my homework out, reminding me of how teachers in my old school would rant to us about music. They said we should never listen to music and study or do our homework since it distracts us. It doesn't seem to disturb me; my grades are proof of that.

By the time I finish my homework, Mom still isn't home. I would hate to be a lawyer.

My eyes scan my room, landing on the black violin case in the corner. It's been a week since I've played it, and I'm bored right now.

I unzip the case, taking out my violin and my bow. The two wooden objects are cold in my hands, taking away the previous warmth I felt from the pen in my hand and the paper my other hand was lying on.