Chapter 1: Engagement

Salish's POV:-

I am at a fancy restaurant with my parents, my brother Hudson, his girlfriend Kaylee Jane Aira and her parents Mr. and Mrs. Aira. Kaylee has an elder sister who lives abroad and is married.

The Aira family is famous for their business and they have been our partners in business for quite a long time. My father is bestfriends with Mr. Aira.

Hudson has had many girlfriends in the past but I don't think he has been this serious about any girl before. They started off as friends but later began dating. I never liked the girls he dated in the past as they only liked him for his looks, money and fame but Kaylee is different. She is the only girl who has tried bonding with me. We get along pretty well since she is a fun person to be around.

She has often teased me about Nidal and said she apparently noticed 'how we look at each other.' I will admit, I find Nidal attractive but we are just best friends. Nothing more than that.

A voice suddenly broke my thoughts.

"So why did you call us here?" Mr. Aira gently asked his daughter Kaylee.

Kaylee hit Hudson's foot under the table indicating him to speak up.

" We wanna get engaged." The couple said together.

"That's amazing news!" Mr and Mrs. Aira spoke up

"We approve. You two are perfect for each other." My parents agreed.

"What about you sis?" Hudson asked and all the attention was on me

" I absolutely adore Kaylee and would love her as my sister- in- law." I replied smiling

Then the adults started all the planning. It was decided that they would get engaged next month and have their wedding after college.

They are supposed to go to the same college in New York after summer break is over which means 3 months or so. This also means I won't be seeing my brother or Kaylee for a while.

Nidal's POV:-

I am moving to California permanently. Our flight is today. We are done packing. I have had to hide this from Salish for a month. Mom announced this news to us on Jiji's birthday in May.

My mom, Juju and Neshan are gonna drive their individual cars to California. Jiji turned 18 and was supposed to get a car for her birthday but mom gave her two options.

1. She could get her car now but that would mean she had to drive to California since she couldn't leave her car behind.

2. She could get her car once we are settled in California.

She chose the second option so Jiji and I are gonna be in California in a few hours since our flight is at 6:30 P.M today and its 3:30 P.M right now.

I wanna get some presents for Salish.
Jiji could help me with that.

"Hey Jehan. Can you go with me to get a few presents for Salish?" I asked my sister

"Sure. Why not?" She replied

"Let's go to a jewelry store. There is one five minutes away from our house. " She said as we started walking.

Jiji grabbed a heart pendant for couples .

"Wait. Salish and I aren't a couple." I protested

"Yet." She said winking

We customized two Nalish bracelets. One for me and one for Salish.

Next we went to the mall and got 2 pairs of matching hoodies for Salish and I.

Jiji suggested that we get some chocolate for Salish so we did.

"Okay perfect. We just have to get a bouquet of flowers after landing." Jiji said

I am so excited to see her. Let me FaceTime her.

On call:

'Hi Nidal.' She said

'Hi Salish. What are you upto?" I said

'Oh nothing much. Just returned home from dinner. I have something to tell you. Hudson is getting engaged.' She said

'Ohh that's great news. ' I said fixing my hair

'I miss you. I wish I could come to see you.' She said

'I miss you more.' I said playfully

( Then they just continued talking till it was time for Nidal to go.)

'Aww Salish I really have to go now . Talk to you later?' I said

'Okay sure. Take care.' She made a sad face

'Come on don't be sad.' I gave her a blowing kiss

'Byee.' We said at the same time