My heart speeds up.

"You're never gonna make it back in time, Clovis," a female voice half laughs...

"I know, but Delia has been worried for me," Clovis responds, and my heart tightens.

"By the time you're done eating you'll only have like ten minutes left."

Is she- convincing him not to go see me?

I peek out from the tree, and see Clovis, looking tired... and a woman, clad in a military uniform, standing close to him...

Her thick flowing locks of deep red hair bounce against her shoulders, and her warm tanned skin almost makes her look exotic. Her voice sounds deep and beautiful, like Beatrix's.

I cover my ears, but I can't stop watching them.

Why is he with a woman?

She grins at him playfully, and he laughs. He laughs heartly at whatever she said.

Clovis never acts like that with me. He always only smiles so sweetly, or calls me cute... or hides what little he does laugh... but when I see him laugh with her like this, how can I help but to think whether he truly laughs with me? and enjoys my company?

She brings out a couple of sandwiches for them to share, and my heart hammers against my chest painfully.

...Is this what you've been doing Clovis? The reason you've left me alone so late at night.

I look down at the basket I had prepared for us.

I'm spending all my energy for you. Studying so hard to become worthy of you... and you're spending time with another girl.

No... no! I must be overthinking it.

The two of them lean over the half wall they were standing by with their hands on the wall, almost leaning their shoulders together... looking down as if to hide their words.

I feel tears spill over.

Ah, I see. I get it. I'm just a decoration now?

This woman is taking my place beside him.

I can't even help him with work.

I-

I'm useless to him. No wonder he'd chose someone more like her. Sexy and mature, and she even has a sword too, so she's probably trained in swordplay.

I hiccup, and then drop the picnic basket on the ground.

I shouldn't have come here.

I wish I hadn't come here!

I wish I'd never fallen for someone like a prince!

I run as hard as I can, stumbling over and over, until I finally kick off those stupid high heeled shoes that don't suit me.

The rain starts pouring down, like the tears from my cheeks, soaking the all too elegant dress that doesn't suit me either.

By the time I can't run anymore, I've ended up in the library, and the water drips from my soaked dress onto the beautiful wooden floors.

Why did I end up here?

"Lady Delia?"

I look up at Syrel with tear filled eyes, having a hiccup from all the tears streaming down my face.

"Syrel," I gasp out between the tears.

"Your feet are bleeding," he says with a horrified expression, and in a single movement sweeps me into his arms, causing me to cry harder, as everything I've bottled up slips out again.