Chapter 2: Memories

Start from the beginning

     "It's ok..I'm sure you'll be able to hang out with them again someday."

     She sniffed. "But who's gonna make sure you don't get bullied?" He sighed.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry about me!" He said, forcing a smile.

You woke up. "Garou..." you mumbled. "I remember that kid." Suddenly you sat up, thinking. Wait a second...spiky grey hair? Yellow eyes? Your eyes widened. No way. It can't be. He lives in a totally different city! Why would he come here? And why now? Your thoughts raced.

I won't jump to conclusions. It could be a totally different guy. Plus, I can't see that kid ever becoming so insanely jacked, You thought, remembering the man's physique. Getting out of bed, you began your day by walking into the bathroom.

     After your morning routine and breakfast, you looked at your schedule for the day. You sighed. A 6 hour shift...well, it's definitely better than yesterday. You also needed to do some grocery shopping after work.

Halfway through your shift, and much to your surprise, the man from yesterday walked in. His golden eyes seemed tired, but observant as ever. Should I ask him? You wondered. I mean it wouldn't hurt...hmmm..

He ordered a milkshake again. Turning away to prepare it, you debated risking the question. As you handed the milkshake to him, you decided to ask him. You took a deep breath.

     "Excuse  me, is your name Garou by any chance?" Wow. I really wanna hide under the counter right now. I'm totally gonna run away if he says no.

His eyes narrowed "Who's asking?" he questioned. His response and facial expression told me I was right.

     NO WAY. NO. WAY. Your insides were churning. IT ACTUALLY IS GAROU?!?! HES TOTALLY RIPPED!!! Kinda hot too...WHAT THE HECK Y/N?!?! You did your best to suppress your blush as you internally smacked your forehead.

"Uhh..not sure if you remember me but...I'm Y/N L/N. From elementary school."

     He remained stoic. "I think you got the wrong guy," he said as he turned around to leave.

     "Wait!" The man stopped. "Uhh..are you sure?" You internally facepalmed yourself again. Why am I even doing this... "Remember? I'm that girl who defended you from the bullies." What am I even saying? He probably moved on a long time ago.

His expression didn't change. All he said was "Oh. I guess we do know eachother." Really? That's all? You thought.

     "Hehe..yeah.." That's it. You were about to run. He clearly didn't seem interested in further conversation but you're too determined to give up. "So what do you think about the milkshake? I noticed you ordered it yesterday too."

     Garou looked at the drink, then at you, and said, "It's pretty good. Could use some protein powder, though."

     You laughed. "Perhaps I'll consider it." You watched him walk out.

You hadn't even said goodbye. What a lame reunion, you thought. He's definitely changed.

You continued to work, the exchange lingering in the back of your mind.

Garou's POV

Y/N L/N...it's been so long since I've seen her. He thought. She probably thinks I'm a jerk because of how I acted. Garou grinned. Or maybe even a monster...

     He was on his way to the park to see if that ugly brat was there. Wonder if he'll let me see the hero almanac again.

     When he arrived at the park, he was not disappointed. Tareo was sitting there reading his book. Garou went and sat next to him as the boy finally noticed his presence. "Oh, hey uncle!" Tareo said, surprised to see the man once again.

     Garou scowled. "I thought I told you not to call me uncle." Tareo only stared in response. "Anyway, when're you gonna let me borrow that book of yours?" Garou asked.

     "I thought I told you to go buy your own!"

     "Tch, they were outta stock. Sheesh what is it with kids these days." Garou mumbled.

     Tareo's eyes brightened. "I know! We can read it together," he suggested. Garou sighed.

     "Fine, whatever."