chapter 7

Meerab woke up by her mobile's sound at 12 noon. It was Pinar who was calling her. She wanted them to meet again because she wanted to shop for her upcoming engagement. Meerab wasn't feeling very lively because of allergic reaction. She had sent back breakfast Murtasim had ordereded. And got back to sleep because she had started feeling weakness.

When she came out of bathroom Murtasim had already left for work. She wondered where he got ready to go but decided she didn't care.

_________________________________________

"I can't believe you ate crab knowing you are allergic to it." Pinar laughed at Meerab who was holding her head in her hands because she was still feeling a little foggy. They were sitting in a sea side small restaurant having their brunch. "Murtasim was right about you. When he told me not to challenge you. That will only prompt you to do the same."

"I have learned my lesson. I am never gonna eat sea food again." She said taking a bite of salad.

"Sorry I'm late." A guy said sitting with them. "You must be Meerab." He said looking at her extending his hand. Meerab shook hands with him.

"Yes. But I didn't recognize you." Meerab said apologetically.

"That's because we haven't met before. I am Savaş. Pinar's fiancé and your husband's best friend." He introduced himself. He ordered his meal.

"I am so happy for you guys. I haven't seen Murtasim this lively since college days. You bring out the best in him." Pinar said to Meerab.

"You know when your company started losing clients after his father's death, he was so devastated. He called me to ask if i know someone who can help with finances but at that time I didn't have enough contacts. So he had to ask his uncle. It was such a relief for him when he was able to save the company from bankruptcy. It must have been a difficult time for all of you." Savaş told them.

Meerab was shocked by the information. Murtasim had never let anyone know about the condition of the company. When Anwar uncle came to Pakistan they were talking about some takeover. She thought they were talking of taking over some other firm. But she had no idea they were this close to bankruptcy.

Pinar and Meerab spent the whole day together enjoying and chating but Meerab's mind drifted again and again to the new knowledge she has gained.

_________________________________________

She got back to the hotel room at 9 in the evening. Murtasim was laying on the sofa with laptop on his lap. His eyes were closed and he was rubbing his temple as if he was in pain. Her heart melted seeing him so vulnerable. She went towards him and touched his shoulder. His eyes shot open on her touch.

"Itni dair kese ho gayi?" He asked. He vinced when he sat streight.

"Main Pinar ke sath thi. Unhone promise kiya tha ke mujhe Istanbul ghumaegin" She replied. This close he was looking pale. "What happened? Are you in pain? Should i call a doctor." She asked with concern touching his face. She felt him go still for a second. But then he put his hand over hers. But she pulled her hand back immediately.

"Kuch nahi. Bas halka sa sar dard hai. Abhi khatam ho jayega. Bas mere bag me se pain killer tabs nikal do." He said rubbing his head.

"Apne kuchh khaya?" She asked when she took out tablets from his bag.

"Ha office me kha liya tha." He replied.

"Kab khaya tha?" She asked sternly folding her hands under her chest.

"Yaad nahi. Ab dawa milegi?" He stretched his hands for the pill but she pulled them away.

"Aap pehle khana khaege phir koi dawa milegi." She ordered food for him. This was the first time she was talking with so much authority with him. Like he always did with her? Her heart asked her. Maybe because now that she was over her feelings for him. She didn't feel intimidated by him anymore.