Valentine's Don't pt. 1

Warnings: None really. Swearing/strong language, drinking/mentions of alcohol. That's it I think. If I missed something let me know!

Why, why did you let your friend talk you into coming to the bar one week before Valentine's Day? You always hated the 'holiday' ever since elementary school. It was just a popularity contest that you never won, hell you never even placed. Now you were at the bar alone, ditched by your friend that made you come out in the first place when the first halfway cute guy approached her. Not that you blamed her. If a halfway hot guy approached you right now you probably wouldn't be so bitter but alas you clearly weren't winning any popularity contests still. Which may be your fault, you were not always the most approachable person, but your past had taught you to be guarded.

You were working on your third drink since your friend had disappeared and after you emptied the glass you happened to catch a look at a guy from across the bar. He was way beyond halfway hot he was scorching, fire, lava. What's hotter than lava? He was that! He looked away when the two of you made eye contact.

Had he been looking at you? Only one way to find out. Tipsy you was about to make a big move because why the fuck not at this rate? The worst he could do was say no, well no, the worst he could do was laugh in your face and tell you you're dumb and ugly. You were going out on a limb that he wasn't the type to say that. You approached him with all the BDE you could muster.

"How many times a day do you get told your gorgeous, it's gotta be in the double digits." He turned towards you smiling and his ears instantly turned red.

"Probably about half as much as you do." You grimaced.

"Yikes. That bad huh?" He laughed at the jab you took at yourself not realizing it was one hundred percent true. No one ever walked up to you let alone walked up and told you you were gorgeous. Maybe it was the 'don't fuck with me' look that had a way of unintentionally appearing on your face or maybe they thought... you were hit with a realization you, for some stupid reason, hadn't considered before approaching him

"Oh wait, oh shit, I'm sorry you have a girlfriend don't you. I'm so sorr-" He shook his head.

"No no. You're fine I don't have a girlfriend." You quirked an eyebrow.

"Boyfriend?" He laughed so hard his dimples appeared.

"No boyfriend either no, I'm single." You nodded.

"So do you come to this bar a lot?" he wiggled his hand back and forth.

"Sometimes, some of my friends are in the band."

"What about next Tuesday?" It was so random, and you asked so quickly it caught him off guard.

"Oh uh..." He thought for a moment.

"Ohhh isn't that Valen-" You waved and shook your head.

"Yea okay look I'm gonna give it to you straight is that okay?" You legitimately waited for his reply, and he nodded. Just lay it all out for him, fuck it.

"You're probably the prettiest person I've ever seen in my life, and I don't even know your name, but I have never had a good Valentine's Day, I'm always angry and alone. I don't want another repeat, I'm sick to death of it, for once I'd like to go out with a cute guy and actually enjoy the stupid holiday. So here it is, I'm going to come to this bar at 7 pm February 14th. If you think spending Valentine's with me might be fun, meet me here. If you don't, well then, no hard feelings." You turned to walk away, and he caught your hand to stop you.

"Chris..." You looked at him confused.

"My name...it's Chris..." You smiled and nodded then turned and headed straight out of the bar. You would text your friend to tell her you left, you had to go after that move. As soon as you were out the door you were mentally kicking yourself. God that must have seemed so desperate, you hoped it came off as confident. Ugh why did you do that!?

Valentine's Don'tजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें