Track. 4 - The Teacher

Now playing: The Teacher - Foo Fighters

(---)

"T-Then I accidentally scared them off... I think I weirded t-them out..."

"You'll get used to it soon enough. Customer service without proper training can be a little scary, was for me when I did it."

"I'm doomed... I'm not cut out for this world... Take me away already lord..."

"What are you going on about..."

Kyou and Hitori were sitting underneath the stairs waiting out the break time. Over the past few days they had been interacting more and more with each other, mainly Kyou talking and Hitori nodding a long and passing out.

Pluck

"Where did you get your guitar from!?" Kyou exclaimed, looking at her in confusion, "I thought you left it in the classroom!?"

A dark gloom instantly spread through the gap underneath the stairwell, filling every nook and cranny of spare space. Hitori then spoke out in a solemn voice, almost one filled with pure despair.

"This is my new song... Double Dark Memories. Bocchi self-accompanied version..." She said, her voice filled with a mix of sadness and resignation.

"What." 

"I silently cry as I reminisce about my ever-growing traumas, depressing everyday life and my legacy of negativity..." Hitori whispered, slowing strumming along with a moody chord progression, "I hope that one day I'll be able to laugh off my dark history..."

Kyou just sat there in confusion. Just giving her a bit of a blank stare.

"Ooo that was really nice Gotoh-san! I didn't know you played guitar!"

Hitori's facial expression instantly became blank as her head instantly snapped to her left to face the voice that had just talked to her. It was Kita Ikuyo from one of the other classes in their grade level. Hitori had begun to freak out a little, not expecting the most popular girl in the first year to overhear her melancholic performance.

"K-K-Kita...-san!?!?" Hitori said, shuddering a little, "W-When did you g-get here?"

"I saw you watching me earlier and decided to follow when you ran off! I heard your guitar and decided to listen in!" She told her, a bright aura surrounding the red-haired girl.

"Why were you watching her...?" Kyou asked Hitori, squinting his eyes at her in suspicion, "Is that why you showed up here like 5 minutes later than usual?"

Hitori's face turned beet red, her brain going into overdrive mode to try and figure out something to say.

"I... I wasn't watching her!" Hitori stammered, trying to find a way to explain herself, "I... I just... I was... umm..."

"You had something you wanted to ask me, didn't you?" Kita asked the pink-haired girl, who had pretty much melted down into a pile of mush at this point, "That's why you stalked me wasn't it?"

Hitori suddenly straightened her posture, becoming almost as stiff as a board. She looked Kita dead in the eyes before somewhat chanting out her question.

"I'm looking for a guitarist and vocalist for my band, and I heard you could play guitar." Hitori said, all within the span of about 1 and a half seconds.

"I see... but I can't join sorry." Kita told her, causing Hitori's posture to droop significantly.

"I mean she's pretty gloomy but the other band members seem to be pretty lively from what I've seen," Kyou added on.