My eyes followed his direction, seeing a few familiar girls. I widened my eyes, realizing the figures who sat down infront of me. I quickly grabbed the menu, covering myself to hide without making them realize who i was. I looked down, cursing at myself.

Shit.

Fuck.

Lord, do you hear me?

Please.

Take me away, i'm begging you.

I closed my eyes, shutting tightly while hearing something moving. From the random sound in my ears, as if someone was adjusting themself near me.

I slightly opened my eyes, witnessing a figure sit down infront of me. "Miss, i think you've got the wrong table." I told them, taking away the menu off of my face.

Sana.

"Hi." Sana smiled, staring at me.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

FUCK!

I tried covering my face again, but Sana instantly grabbed my wrist. "It's no use hiding from me, Top Prosecutor L/N." She whispered my title to avoid being caught by the others.

She leaned closer to my face, the bright smile that formed in her lips didn't leave. I cleared my throat, placing the menu down on the table slowly while avoiding to look into her eyes.

"You could've sat down near the other girls." I told her, "You have your own table after all." Sana hummed, "Nope." She responded in an instant. I raised an eyebrow, "What?" I asked. She smiled cheekily, "I want to sit with you." She said without hesitation.

Is she serious?

I stared at her, trying to confirm if she was being serious or not. But, with the look on her eyes. She was being serious about her words.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I scoffed, "Please go back to your seat." I said, trying to convince her. She shaked her head, refusing as she continued staring at me. "I told you, i want to sit with you." I huffed, pointing directly at her friends. "They must be waiting for you, so please. Go back." I convinced, pleading her with my eyes.

Yet, she continued to refuse my words.

"No." She smiled, "We're here to talk about official matters." I raised my eyebrows. "Since when were you interested in these kind of things?" Sana moved her eyes to the side, placing her hand underneath her chin while resting her elbow on the table.

"I'm an adult now, Y/N." She stated, "I am well aware of your age, Ms. Minatozaki." I responded, looking down at my table while taking a bite of my food.

"Y/N."

She called, but i didn't look back at her.

"I missed you."

I lifted my head, staring at her before the spoon on my hands dropped.

Did you, really?

———

After the small dinner in the restaurant, i arrived inside my office. The fixed tie was taken off along with the blazer, i stretched my head for a few minutes while walking on my chair. I sat down, leaning back on my chair to take a rest with my legs laying on the desk.

The doorknob twisted, opening to reveal Jennie who had two coffees on her hands. I took my legs out of the desk, placing them on the floor while sitting in a proper position. I putted my hands on my collar, fixing them before moving closer to my desk.

Jennie approached me, handing me an Iced Americano. "Rough day?" She questioned, sipping on her coffee. I nodded my head, looking at her empty side. "Where's Rosé?" I asked, Jennie shrugged.

"I heard she was going to handle a divorce case." Jennie said, i tapped my finger on the desk and sipped on the Iced Americano that was given to me. "Well, i hope she does well. Sometimes, the Court doesn't easily accept divorce." I laughed, Jennie giggled at my statement.

"She will win, it's Roseanne Park after all." Jennie winked and i blinked my eyes, staring at her disgustedly. "Stop winking, it doesn't suit you." I said, looking at her figure up and down. Jennie sarcastically laughed at my words, flipping me off afterwards.

"So, how are you doing with Sana?" Jennie asked, forming a teasing smile on her lips. I raised an eyebrow, "Why are you curious?" I responded, asking her. "Come on, tell me." Jennie persuaded, i rolled my eyes and waved my hands. "If we're going to talk about her, then it's better if you walk out of my office now." I shrugged, turning my head on the side.

"Why?" Jennie laughed, "Because i won't get anything from you?" Jennie questioned. I nodded my head, placing my Iced America down on my desk. "Good to know you're aware." I moved my eyes on her face, Jennie bit her lower lip and rolled her eyes. "You're fucking annoying." Jennie exclaimed, sighing frustratedly.

I laughed, knowing i won over her. "You know me." I smiled, "I don't like talking about people from my past." Jennie huffed, crossing her arms. "Okay, okay. I get it, now shut up." Jennie said, shushing me with her finger pointing at my lips.

"But, you can't deny. You love Sana." Jennie teased, making me turn my focus and attention on her. "Where have you learned to speak such pointless statements? Do you use that inside the court?" I said, sarcastically. Jennie couldn't argue, scoffing at my words.

"That was before, Jennie."

That was before we were together.

"I don't want to speak of her ever again."

Talking about her hurts me.

Jennie looked at me, sighing. She slowly leaned in on the desk, taking a sit while looking down at me. "How can you avoid talking about her when you're going to see her everyday? You're handling her case, Y/N." Jennie flicked my forehead, i winced and rubbed my head.

Jennie stared at me with a sad look in her eyes, "You never healed, didn't you?" I stared at her, unable to speak another word. I was silent, how can i speak another word if that was the question i had to answer?

I did heal.

"I healed, Jennie."

But, those feelings i erased started appearing.

"Isn't that enough reason on why i avoid talking about her again?"

Because she came back.

———

ang rupok naman,
can't be me. :]

© raingelic
2023