you, my angel

i adore you,

you make me feel safe. it's like sleeping under a warm blanket. i feel like a child who thinks that the blanket will protect him from everything. you are my blanket, filled with love and warmth. you make me smile and you make me feel on top of the world. i feel like sleeping around you, whether that be exhaustion or just some weird thing that just happens around you. i love how you make me feel. i don't want sleep to avoid things now, i want sleep because you allow me to feel safe.

i don't do well sleeping by myself still. i still need a stuffed animal or fifty. i don't sleep well cold, i know we disagree on temperatures of the house, i like it in the low 60s and you like it in the high 70s. i don't sleep well in that kind of heat though, but i'd deal with it just for you.

i sleep a lot now. i don't have nightmares often anymore. you make me feel safe and you make me feel loved. i love sitting on your couch and holding your hand or playing with your hair. i love watching movies with you. i dream about it a lot now.

you've infested my mind like termites. you've made it hard to think and hard to breathe. you're like a fire and i a moth. your presence is dangerous but i need you, i come closer. i wander closer as you grow brighter. you begin to burn me and i finally realize that you were no blanket, you were an angel. you took the monsters away and saved me.

its you angel, you allowed me to be myself. you were never a flame, you were just a light. i was not a moth, i was a butterfly. it's you, my angel, the guy with the brown hair and soft freckles. the guy who i can go to. you're my angel. an angel and a boy who doesn't know when to stop, always getting in trouble and disappointing his beautiful angel.

i love you angel, even though your glossy eyes will never see this. i love you.

goodnight angel <3