29- how you get the girl

Depuis le début

And say, are you insane?

She laughed, putting her hands on my cheeks and holding me close. She rubbed her thumb across my cheek, pulling back and staring at me. She gazed at me like she didn't believe I was there, like I would disappear right under her grip if she blinked.

"I read your letter." I ran my hands down, resting them on her shoulders instead. I was fully soaked now, my jeans sticking uncomfortably to my legs. Paige put her hands on my hips, holding me close. Even drenched, her skin was still hot.

She looked down, she was embarrassed. I knew she hated telling me how she felt. It was enough that she had written her feelings out but me reading them before she was ready must've scared her to death. I put my hand under her chin, lifting her head back up to look at me again.

"I meant everything I said Jules. I can't see myself without you." She bit down on her bottom lip nervously. Warm tears started to fall down my face, my whole body consumed with how badly I'd been wanting this.

And you were too afraid to tell her what you want

"I wanna spend every single day reminding you how beautiful you are. I wanna take you everywhere in the world if it would make you smile. I wanna make every shot for you and see you sitting there. I would wait forever for you Julie. I love you."

I would wait for ever and ever

My eyes went wide, looking back up at Paige. Her eyes spoke exactly what she just said. She loved me, she really loved me.

"I love you Paige. I've loved you since the second I heard your voice." Stupid smiles painted over both our faces. We finally said it. The three words that had been eating me alive for months were finally out there. I could finally tell her I love her as many times as I wanted.

"Say it again." A cocky smirk replaced her cheesy smile. She tried to put back her confident persona but the tears in her eyes betrayed her.

"I love you, so so much." Even in the dark I saw her pupils dilate. Wanting to melt under her intense gaze but I stared back into those blue eyes I could never get enough of.

"I know I messed up Jules but I will do everything it takes to fix us. I must've gone insane for even letting you get away in the first place."

Tell her how you must've lost your mind, when you left her all alone and never told her why

"You're not gonna be able to get rid of me anymore." I smiled at her. The first genuine smile since we broke up. I didn't want to spend another day without Paige, for the rest of my life. I couldn't handle not calling her mine. She made me whole, I was half of myself without her.

"Good, I don't ever wanna be away from you again." She pulled me closer, hands trailing under my shirt and touching my bare waist. I wrapped my arms around her neck, our noses almost brushing from how close we were.

And you could know, that I don't want you to go

I saw her eyes flicker down to my lips then back to my eyes, continuing to look between them. I pulled her closer by the collar of her sweater, finally connecting our lips.

The second our lips finally met I felt the rest of the world go quiet. The rain didn't pour, I didn't even remember the group of girls watching this whole interaction. Our lips fit together perfectly, like a puzzle when you finally added the missing piece. I smiled against her lips, holding her closer to figure out if this was a dream or reality.

She pulled away, resting her head on my shoulder and wrapping her hands around me fully. The same way she did drunkenly on her birthday. This time I allowed it, holding her closer. Soon enough she lifted her head up, her face just inches away from mine again. She grabbed both my hands, prying open my hand to find the necklace inside. She took it in her hands, holding it for me now.

"Will you be my girlfriend again Jules?" She looked down, toying with the necklace she now had in her hands. It was adorable how nervous she seemed right now, scared of rejection.

"Of course I will P." The second she heard that her head jolted back up. The biggest smile spread across her face. She quickly turned me around, pushing all my wet hair to one side and clasping the necklace around my neck. When she did I turned around to face her again, gazing down at the 'P' that now rested on my chest.

She grabbed my face, kissing me softly again. If all the girls weren't standing right there I definitely would've made out with her right here, we were already drenched, might as well take advantage of the rain. She pulled away, her hands still on my face.

"I love you Jules, I'll never get tired of saying it." She pulled me into her chest, wrapping her arms around my head and completely capturing me in her arms.

"I love you." I snuggled into her chest, soaking in her smell that I had missed for months. Noticing the way she rested her chin on the top of my head.

Cheers from behind me broke our silence, all the girls rushing over and making it a group hug. Even with all the girls around us, my arms remained around Paige, holding her close the way I should've been doing all this time.

This was our chance to get it right. My chance to finally give all my love to the blonde girl that held me right now. I would spend the rest of my life loving her. The rest of my life learning and admiring her. I didn't have to live off the memories we had made anymore. We could make new ones. We could have the love story I'd always imagined for us. This was what true love felt like, no movie or song could really describe how whole I felt now, knowing that she was mine again, that we wouldn't make stupid mistakes anymore. 

Love's a funny thing. No matter how many times you said it to someone in the past it never compared to the feeling of saying it to the person you knew you were meant to be with. The person you felt that connection with that they wrote romance novels about. The person you knew loved you by the way they looked at you, and the person you would love through every obstacle they faced. 

And that's how it works, that's how you get the girl 

authors note 

words cannot describe how heavy my heart feels right now. in no time I found so much love in writing Jules and Paige's story but now it's time to put it to rest and let them be happy. 

i'll be writing an epilogue in the future to catch up on where they are but they are finally happy and it feels like the right time to end it here. as much as it hurts to end this book i can't wait to put time into new ideas and write new fics. (and possibly a second book to this one)

leave some suggestions if you have any

that's a wrap on how you get the girl. thank you for all the love everyone showed this book and even me.