"You don't have to apologize, it was an honest mistake." The corner of his lips lift up into a small smile. "I understand."

"Thank you." My voice makes a little crack when he pulls me in for an embrace.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that with Walter. No child should ever experience something you did. And I'm glad you have someone like Toto in your life. Except the fact that I'll be slapping the back of his neck for keeping this secret from me the past decade we've worked together." He gets me to let out a laugh as we pull away.

"You know, you're not as bad as I thought, Hamilton." I sniff, scratching my nose.

"What—no—gosh—don't flatter yourself, doll." He grows a smirk.

"Here we go again." I playfully role my eyes.

"You brought it up. Couldn't help myself." He shrugs his shoulders, innocently.

The two of us walk back inside, reuniting with my parents at a table. The dinner party starts. I sit next to Nicolette as she wishes with my mother sitting on the other side of me. We all have an amazing time, laughing at my Father's stories about Nicolette and I's childhood.

From across the circular table, sits Lewis. I catch him a couple of times smiling genuinely as he listens to my parents and Nicolette's parents. This is good. Everything is going well. Likes it's supposed to.

Lewis and I exchange a couple of looks at each other. Every single time he's smiled at me. Either that or I'd catch him off guard, with his eyes glistening under the soft lit light above him, staring at me.

I must be overthinking it. It's nothing.

(Lewis' Version)

(Lewis' Version)

I HAVE NO IDEA IF IT'S JUST me, but I've seem to notice how differently Salina looks tonight. Something inside me is telling me that I quite enjoy the way she's dressed up. Red looks absolutely stunning on her. I don't know why she doesn't wear it much often as she decides to wear anything else to work besides everyone's usual team uniform.

And the way she styled her hair for this party. It suits her perfectly. Everyone has their own iconic hairstyles, for example, me and my braids. But with Salina, it hits different. I don't know what it is that's making me think this way, but it's true.

Me appreciating her beauty tonight has gotten me caught by Salina herself. She's found me a couple of time glimpsing a look at her throughout the night. Listen—I'm not the only one here. There's also a couple of guys on another table who's been eyeing her out more than I have. I've grown some suspicion over them. I don't like it at all.

"Excuse me, I'm going to get a refill." She scoots her chair back and gets up from the table.

My eyes watch her walk away over to the bar. Then J get interrupted by Toto. He clears his throat, forcing me to turn my head around to look at him.