Hey Sarge, remember me?

Pip stared at the text for a few minutes, without saying a word. It was Ravi, she knew it was and she also knew Max Hastings had just been declared guilty. Guilty of a crime he didnt commit, but he was guilty and he was finally going to prison. Max would spend the rest of his life behind prison bars with no chance of parole. The evidence was overwhelming, he had no hope of avoiding prison again. Pip never once felt bad for doing this to him, she never felt bad for anything ever done to him. Max didn't deserve her pity, he didn't deserve anyone's pity. He was a rapist that ruined lives, he might have kept it up until his arrest. That idea scared Pip. She thought the whole thing was quite ironic. His life was ruined because he was spiked with rohypnol, just like his all victims. Just like Nat da silva, Becca Bell and more. Max getting arrested felt like a proper close to Andie's case, the case that she investigated when she was seventeen, the case that started it all. Everything led back to Max. He got his friends involved in the hit and run, which gave Elliot a tool used to blackmail all of Sal Singh's friends into lying to the police and saying he lied about his alibi. Which then led to Sal being a prine suspect, which made Elliot drug him and leave a message admitting to the murders. Which made Pip investigate the truth and expose Elliot as her partial killer along with Becca Bell, who was drugged and raped by Max Hastings. Which made her upload a podcast, which made Jason Bell, the DT killer, stalk her, kidnap her and attempt to murder her. Which made Pip kill him with a hammer and frame Max Hastings. It started with Max and it ended with Max. Full circle. Pip brought herself back to the present and looked back at her phone. Ravi had messaged her only three minutes after the verdict. Had he been waiting? Pip wondered how to respond. Nothing felt right, for six hundred and ninety seven days, she had not said a word to him. Almost two years. It was to protect them both, Pip and Ravi knew that but they hated it. She kept on typing responses and deleting them, the three dots reappeared and disappeared again. Just like Pip almost did all those months ago. She slowly typed 'I am sorry for everything Ravi' and let her finger hover over the send button. She felt like asking the Ravi that lived in her head what to say but were they the same Ravi's? It sounded awful, but Pip had barely heard about him since the agreement. She hadn't spoken or messaged him. The Ravi in her head must have overheard her thoughts because she could hear a voice in her ear say "Do you really think I'd do that much changing with you Sarge?" He was right, sort of. Pip pressed the send button and prayed that whatever happened next was going to be good. Three dots reappeared, just like Pip, kind of. It was from Ravi, it read. 'For what?' She prepared herself to type something but once again Ravi bet her to it. 'Heard there's a nice café near college want to meet up? We can talk about our argument together.' That was what everyone assumed, and it was certainly what Pip hoped the police had assumed. 'Sure :)' Pip typed, there was not much that could be said over text, not anymore. Anything could be traced and Pip didn't frame Max just to get caught over a text. Three dots reappeared and the message 'See you tomorrow Sarge' was left in their place. Tomorrow. Tomorrow she would talk to the guy she practically ghosted for almost two years. The guy that suggested marriage so that they could still talk. Today would be spent talking to family and friends. She needed to talk to Cara, Naomi, Nat, Connor, Jamie, her family, Becca and more. She had made more friends but she would never be as close with them as she was with them. They were her family every one of them and Pip had barley spoken to any of them. Pip ran to her room, she had family to talk to and a date to prepare for.