How when i'm with these two? Messing up, taking things from the side, and just anywhere.

I sighed, groaning. I placed my hand underneath my chin, boredly staring as they do everything they wanted inside my office without receiving any complaints or scolding. I let them be, i was too tired to scold them and complain about their actions to the Chief Prosecutor.

Even if i did complain to the Chief Prosecutor, i might be called irresponsible for being unable to handle these two. Jennie grabbed my phone, swiping the screen while tapping on the game called Call of Duty. Rosé appeared from behind, watching Jennie shoot the enemies in the phone.

I leaned my head on the desk, resting with my eyes closed. "What are you both playing?" I questioned, only hearing a few shooting sounds from the phone. I could guess what it was, but i had a lot of shooting games from my phone which was difficult to guess on what kind of gaming app they were playing on my phone.

"Oh, Call of Duty." I widened my eyes, taking my phone away from them. Even at this moment, i could still remember how my rank returned to veteran after achieving the legendary rank because i left my phone on their hands. Jennie and Rosé glared, whining. "How can you take the phone away from us!" Both of them shouted.

I rolled my eyes, putting my phone back on my pockets. I covered my ears, ignoring their whines. I closed my eyes, resting on my chair. "Stop complaining and do your work." I said, gesturing for them to finish the papers they had to sign.

The two girls groaned, standing up while walking out of the room. I smiled as my eyes were still closed, i huffed with a smile on my face. I was finally feeling some peace and quiet inside the room.

"Prosecutor L/N!"

Fuck.

I raised my head, lifting my eyes to move on the direction where another figure appeared. I instantly placed myself in a proper sitting position, clearing my throat.

"Chief Prosecutor Park." I greeted, the Chief Prosecutor smiled. "It has been a while since i last saw you, Prosecutor L/N!" The Chief Prosecutor approached me, i quickly stood up from my seat.

I smiled nervously, forcing my lips to form a bright smile. He took a step forward infront of me, tapping my back while extending his hand. I took his hand, receiving a small handshake once our hands touched. "You're going to handle another case again." He said, moving back to the chair infront of me.

I sat back down, seeing him take his seat infront of me. "This case is quite a different case unlike before." I nodded my head, "What kind of case is it, sir?" He shrugged, smiling.

"You just have to prove the one who's filing a case against this famous person to prove the other defending party that their accusations have no proof of the bullying that happened before." The Chief Prosecutor stated the details, holding into his hands with a smile.

I hummed, tapping my finger on the desk. "This is my first time handling something like this... and it hasn't been a while since a previous idol gained a scandal of the same reason as well." The Chief Prosecutor nodded his head, sighing. He leaned back on his chair.

"However, they were proven innocent.." I stared at the Chief Prosecutor, who hesitated from continuing his words. "But?" I questioned, he moved his eyes on my face. "He commited suicide after the official statement was reported."

I slightly widened my eyes, "What?" I raised an eyebrow. "We failed to protect that idol and we can't do the same to this person." The Chief Prosecutor was determind enough to prove that those who accused the idol was guilty, looking like as if he was close to the idol; enough to make himself determined to protect the reputation and image of that idol.

"Are you a fan?" The Chief Prosecutor raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

I shaked my head, laughing softly. "Oh.. sorry, something just went inside my head." I shrugged it off, assuring him that the words i blurted out was nothing. He nodded his head, returning back to the previous topic.

"Also, just in time." He smiled, "They arrived." I raised my eyebrows, the Chief Prosecutor turned his body and i moved my eyes at the door.

The door twisted, opening slowly.

It was as if it was just yesterday.

It revealed a figure, wearing a black hat and a white mask.

The yesterday where things were still okay between us.

The Chief Prosecutor stood up from his seat, slowly approaching the masked figure.

A yesterday where no one thought about the next day.

The Chief Prosecutor placed his hand on their shoulder, patting them while gesturing for them to take a seat.

A next day that i didn't expect.

The figure putted their mask down slowly along with their hat being taken off from their head.

A next day where i wished that i could return from yesterday.

It was a female, a familiar female figure.

A dream from the next day that i didn't want to see and return to.

She turned her head, seeing my widened eyes.

It was all just like yesterday when she left.

She slowly widened her eyes, dropping her hat on her hands.

While i waited for her the next day.

"Y/N?"

But, she didn't come back.

———

oh my god,
bumalik ang past??

© raingelic 2023