Chapter 9

THE WEDDING DAY-

Nothing could've been more fucked up than this moment. Everything was tangled like a thread and there was no solution to it for getting out.
Avyansh assured me about helping me throughout the year as per the contract signed. But will he able to find the Man who was behind everything?
What if he betrayed me in the middle of this journey?
There were hundreds of questions erupting in my mind and not even a single answer to them.

The chain of my thoughts broke when Roohi stepped inside wearing a golden shimmery Lehenga as bridesmaid.

She took steps towards me and held my cheek in her palm while her eyes were brimming with tears.

"The most beautiful bride I have ever seen" she said before leaving a kiss on my forehead.
This brought a smile on my face. A genuine after a whole week.

"If Pihu would have been alive, I am sure she would be as beautiful as the woman standing in front of me."
I couldn't control the tears after hearing her name and engulfed Roohi in my arms.
She has been my shining Armor in dark days. And she understood me like no one ever did. When I gave up on myself, she held on to me and I couldn't have been more grateful.

Roohi's mom, Chaya Aunt came inside the room and smiled looking our way.

"Everyone's waiting downstairs for you"she said before leaving us alone

"Let's go" Roohi said holding my hand and I walked down the aisle.

(Avika's Dress POV. Not the face claim)

(Avyansh's Dress POV

(Avyansh's Dress POV. Not the face claim)

 Not the face claim)

Author's POV

Here, Avyansh was sitting beside holy fire and his eyes were desperately searching for Avika. The moment she came into view,his eyes shined with vivid of emotions  and his eyes travelled from head to toe with mouth hung open.

Seeing her in the lehenga selected by him made his heart flutter with different emotions which he didn't knew existed until he saw her.
She came down and he held her hand for her to settle down across the holy fire while the pandit chanted mantras.

The rituals began and they took the circumambulating around the consecrated fire,  seven times and reciting a specific vow during each round. The panditji handed Avyansh a nuptical chain and asked him to tie it around Avika's neck, and fill her head with vermillion. He bought his hand closer to her neck and tied the chain around it while their eyes met.
He kept his gaze on her and his heart frantically beating with minimal contact.

After the rituals got over they were declared as HUSBAND and WIFE.

 Every vow taken in this ritual by her made a lump in her throat, her legs were trembling and she felt a hand wrapped around her waist which held her tight in the assurance that she is fine.

Her mind knew that all of this was a facade for a year but somewhere in the corner of heart thought of something more than it..

The vows taken were imprinted in her mind and she felt her lungs getting blocked with the suffocation.

She looked at the hand adjoined and they took steps towards the elders to take the blessings.

Her eyes searched for Abhimaan but he wasn't here.

She hugged chaya and touched the feet of Roohi's parents and then went to Shrikant and Meera who engulfed the couple in hug.

Roohi rushed and clinged onto Avika like koala with her red eyes.

"I am not dead" Avika said with her gritted teeth. She knew Roohi was over reacting because she had made a bucket list and one of it included to cry her eyes out in Avika's wedding.

"Step aside. It's my time" It was Samarth who came and pushed Roohi.

Avika looked at Avyansh with *save me* look and he kept glaring at Samarth who wasn't even bothered to look at him.

Roohi kept clinging onto her and Samarth pushed her hard which made her fall.

"What the HELL!" She yelled trying to get up which made Avika laugh

They both started bickering and seeing this Avyansh held Avika's hand turning to leave from here

"Take care of my baby." Roohi yelled saying from the back

"I am a lawyer. Criminal lawyer precisely and I can shove you inside the bars under 498A and 304B section" she added further.

"Aap itna chabar chabar har baar karti hai ya aaj special din ka wait tha?" Samarth said getting annoyed with her antics

[Do you often speak nonsense or were you waiting for this special date?]

"Special tha but abh tumhari awaz sunkar kachra hogya ye din ka bhi" Roohi said.

[It was special until I heard your voice]

Seeing their bickering Meera glared and Samarth and said "stop it both of you" and pulled his ear.

_____________________________

 Avyansh stepped out of the car opening the door for Avika. She didn't spare a glance at him and went forward.

My vows weren't a facade and I have vowed to take care of my wife and be in her wellness or maybe illness. To protect you at every step of the life was my priority now.

He reminded himself before following her.

Meera and Shrikant had follow them and everything was prepared for their welcome by the Buttler.

Avika stepped inside the Mansion and was welcomed by the hug from elders and Samarth stood with a camera while capturing every moment.

They asked them to take a rest and left the couple alone.

"Do I have to share my personal space?" She asked looking at Avyansh while they were moving upstairs and he held the hem of her duppata to not let her fall.

"Your personal space or mine?" He asked raising an eyebrow

"I mean do we need to share the room?" She asked to which he didn't respond.
They stepped inside the room and the view made her gasp.
It room was decorated with white and red roses with some of them laying on the floor.

She turned with a frown on her face towards him
"Why is this even needed? No one's here to keep an eye over us so there's no need to pretend" she said before going inside the bathroom.

He let her duppata fall which he was holding until now and grabbed the pillow and a comforter before stepping out.