✩ Chapter 10 ✩

Start from the beginning

"Mitsuri... Don't push yourself too hard. I mean, after all this time, I don't think she'll still be-"

"She's alive! I'm sure of it!"

Obanai was stunned at her sudden change in attitude and widened his eyes. Mitsuri bit her lip and looked down. 

"Sorry..."

"It's okay. These are hard times, after all."

Obanai placed his hand on her shoulder and sighed.

"I understand your feelings, Mitsuri. The feeling of the time you lose somebody you love is unbearable indeed..."

Mitsuri looked at Obanai and felt sorry for him. She knew he must have gone through hell that he had to wear a bandage over his mouth. Obanai seemed to notice her gaze and looked at her with a sad smile.

"Mitsuri, I hope you don't have to go through what I did. Even if you do, stay strong. Somebody you love will definitely be there for you."

Mitsuri blushed at his words and nodded.

"Obanai-san, I'm not sure what happened to you, but I admire you, you know?"

"Hm? Why?"

Mitsuri smiled at looked at the stars. They sparkled in the dark sky, giving Mitsuri a feeling of warmth and hope.

"Lots of people take their loss to heart too much that they end up depressed and don't know what else to do in their life. But after all that you've been through, you managed to find your purpose in life. That's what I admire about you, Iguro-san."

Mitsuri looked at him and smiled wider.

"You're amazing, Iguro-san."

Of course, this made Obanai into a blushing mess and he quickly turned away and cleared his throat.

"Uhm, thank you Mitsuri. I, uh, think you're so amazing too."

Mitsuri beamed at him.

"Really?"

"I mean, you really care for Y/N, after all. She's lucky to have a friend like you."

"Thank you, Iguro-san."

Mitsuri looked down and her smile slowly faded away.

"That's why I know I have to find and save her."

Mitsuri wiped her teary eyes with her sleeve and stood up. 

"Before it's too late."

⚠︎ SPOILERS FROM SWORDSMITH VILLAGE ARC ⚠︎

You listened attentively to a story you never really wondered about as you lay facing the dark ceiling. While Muzan told you his backstory, his hand gently caressed your hair which made you sleepy. However, you forced yourself to stay awake in order to get some valuable intel. You hoped that you could find some weakness he had from this story that you could share with your Demon Slayer friends. That is, if you could get back to them, of course. 

But still, it somehow never crossed your mind why demons existed. The only time it did was when they killed your family... But that was a long time ago. The story opened your eyes on how hard Muzan's life must have been while he was human. You knew it was definitely devastating to have a terrible illness which made your lifespan short.

"...and that's probably a little about it."

"Wow."

"Wow? What, are you impressed on how well the doctor's medicine worked?"

"I mean, I thought that you were just some heartless serial killer who was a psychopath or something. But it seems like everything does have its logical reason."

Muzan sighed and placed his hand on top of your forehead.

"You're right. I told you this story so you would understand why I'm doing this."

You turned your head slightly to face him.

"Huh, you think you wanted to get some sympathy from me?"

You scoffed as you turned away which made his hand off from your head.

"Never happening."

Suddenly, his hand turned your head back and despite the darkness you knew Muzan's face was nearly touching yours.

"Oh really? Stop lying to yourself, Y/N."

"W-what do you mean? You're the one who don't know me."

"Really...? I think you're mistaken, my dear."

Your rolled your eyes.

"For goodness sake, just please stop-"

Then you felt something warm and soft hit your forehead. It only lasted for a second but it felt like forever. You then realized what just happened. He kissed you on your forehead.

You felt something churning in your stomach right afterwards and you enjoyed the feeling. You felt a kind of happiness and relieve you never felt before. But what exactly was it?

You widened your eyes at his sudden action as he walked away towards the door. You didn't know what to say or do. Meanwhile, Muzan knew perfectly how you reacted and smirked before leaving.

"Goodnight, my love."

A/N: SCREAMING AND CRYING INTERALLY WHILE WRITING THIS AND LISTENING TO SAD ANIME SONGS (ಥ﹏ಥ) I would've been a sobbing wreck if it wasn't for the online chinese class I'm currently in (>_<) AND I WANT TO SAY SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR OVER A MONTH (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ I was so busy with my schoolwork since I just entered my freshman year in high school ᕙ(‾̀◡‾́)ᕗ ik it's also back to school season for yall so good luck!! ˅ɞ♡⃛ʚ˅

P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 14K ƪ(♥ﻬ♥)ʃ OMG HOW DID I GET +4K IN LIKE 2.5 WEEKS?! ( ˘ ³˘) RRLY U ALL ARE THE BEST AND I THANK YOU SO MUCH ALSO FOR THE VERY (hor**) INTERESTING COMMENTS ಇ( ꈍᴗꈍ)ಇ 

P.P.S. I know lots of you want to know how my dance competition went, well my team got BEST 3 and we're gonna be heading to the championships aka the FINALS!! (>‿♥)

P.P.P.S. I hope this lil chapter 10 celebration thing is satisfying enough for y'all :)

P.P.P.P.S. ik this is so rushed but whatever ik most of u hate boring plots right~ ( ˘͈ ᵕ ˘͈♡)