Chapter 1

Valentina Pov

As I slowly opened my eyes i found myself laying on the cold basement floor and I immediately knew how I got here.

Flashback to last night(Tw:abuse)
Once I got home from school I completely forgot about my chores so I directly went to my room aka the storage room in the hallway.

They had to put me there because there was no other room available. I have a small pillow and a thin blanket but I have to sleep on the floor because my "parents" don't have enough money to buy me a mattress.

So I started doing my homework and didn't notice that my "parent" were home,when they did, they found the house dirty and no food on the table so they went to  find me.

They eventually found me in my "room" doing homework because I had a lot of schoolwork to do.

Sir just grabbed my hair and pulled me down the stairs into the basement . I saw ma'am walking behind us and I looked at her with a hurtful look, she just laughed at it and kept following us into the basement.

As sir threw me on the ground and started kicking and punching me, my so called mom stared leaving cigarette burn marks on my back and my arms.

After a while he got bored of just hitting me and took  the baseball bat leaning on the wall and started beating me up with the baseball bat,

I started to scream in pain but they just kept going until I passed out on the floor.

End of Flashback(End of tw)

When I tried to stand up I failed and fell to the ground which made me wince in pain.

I tried it again this time with the wall as help it still hurt but I got up easier.

I started going to the bathroom and take a shower. I was only allowed to have a cold shower because I don't deserve to have a warm one.

After the shower I got dressed in a oversized hoodie and one of the two pant I own pair of pants I have. After getting dressed I put some Makeup on the bruises u could see. After I popped two painkillers in my mouth.

Once I got downstairs, I quietly cleaned up their beer bottles and drugs. After cleaning I started cooking an English breakfast for the lovely couple and than quietly left for school.

School is my second hellhole because I get bullied for being smart and always wearing the same outfit.

Once I'm out of the house I have an about 30-40 minute walk to school. They say I can't take the bus because it's too obvious I could tell someone.

The way to school I was drained in my thoughts so I didn't even realize that I was at school until a high pitched noice said:"Look who came."

At this point I exactly knew who it was Emma the school slut and most popular girl, also my step-sister. I just ignored her and went inside to my locker.

While getting my stuff sorted I heard the sound of heels and exactly knew who it was.

Yepp you guessed it right it's Emma and her minions aka friends. The next second I hear someone say „Bitch,I'm talking to you. Aren't you gonna answer?"

I just kept quiet. So they started kicking me in the stomach. Just than there was my saviour the bell.

I quickly ran to my first class which happens to be Maths. Like common who likes Maths on their first period of the day.

Math ended and I happily went to my next class which happens to be art. Art is one of my favourite subjects.

I would say I'm pretty good at art but of course that's only my opinion.

As I make my way to art I hear the announcement go of: "Could Valentina and Emma Brown please come to the principals office!"

I slowly make my way to the principals office I stat to overthink I've never been in trouble, my grades are good, I don't get in trouble and I've been nice to all my classmates.

As I get to the office the secretary says with a smile "Mr. Richards  is waiting for you you can just go straight in"

I smile back and slightly knock on the door. I heard a 'come in' from the other side and slowly opened the door.

"don't worry, dear your not in trouble", Mr. Richards said with a slight smile on his face. I slowly let out the breath I didn't know.

I noticed 2 guys. One of them is about 6'5 and the other one 6'2, I might be wrong with their height but they are huge.

Just than the door swung open and in came Emma. She looked at the two men and started being all flirty towards them. Even tho she has a boyfriend she just uses him for popularity and money,I guess.

"Miss Brown, the reason I called you here isn't so you could flirt with these men, the reason I called you here was because I have some bad news for both of you",he said with the look of pity in his eyes. I absolutely hate pity.

"The bad news are that your mother and father died in a car crash, i believe it happens a few hours ago because I got a call from that lady over there", now I also saw a woman in the corner of the room.

But sadly I also heard a sobbing Emma , she almost never cries.

"Emma, you will have to move back with your mom and you, Valentina we took a DNA test and we found your biological family. Emma you may be dismissed.",Mr. Richards explained. Emma started to tell him that I'm her sister and she wants to know what will happen to me.

After about 10 minutes Mr. Richards says she could stay, but you could clearly tell he just didn't want to deal with her anymore.

"So Valentina, do you see these two men?", Mr.Richards points at the two men now watching the conversation closely. I slightly nod as I also look at them closely looking for anything.

They are your brothers.

————————————————————-

1092 words

That's it for the first chapter . I hope it was good. Like I said before this is my first book ever so I have no experience in writing.

If anything sounds not right let me know I can change it