44. Simile

Similie

There is pain in a simile.

And I know a simile is easy so thats the first thing people will see.

But what they dont see id that a simile also hides things.

It hides things in a way that sometimes thats all you can see and not the roots just inches below the surface.

Yes, these two things are the same. But why?

Why is the question we need to ask but no one ever does. Its that layer of dirt to reach the source of the problem.

And even in me saying that I have now contributed to it.

To find comfort in a simile is to find comfort in the minimized fantasy of what is there than seeing the beast of the problem.

A simile shows you that cute puppy youve always wanted for Christmas, what is hides is the towering beast, razor teeth and many heads, waiting, with its jaws wide open. Ready to clamp down.

A simile is a transformation of turning what was once the yesterdays solution into tomorrows problem.

Now you might think thats crazy or this is some convoluted word play to try and wrap your brain around a vast concept we can barely scratch the surface to understand.

But it is not. It is easy. Give me your hand. Ill walk you through this.

This is what a simile looks like.

One guy might say to a friend of his. Hey. I was watching this show and you remind me of one of the characters. Youre just like her.

He can proceed to explain the show or the character but his friend will know that character or that show but he must clarify.

You remind me not of her at the beginning but definitely later in the season after the attack happened.

His friend can receive this in any way they can but this is just a simile.

He acknowledged that he saw the signs but we divulge into the fantasy of the tv show.

Just another fantasy that we turn to.

Another curtain over the cracks.

And just another drop of empathy we as people lack.

But smile while you close your eyes and listen to the symphony

Because this is just another simile